Will Tubby get a pass on Defections when compared to Borton

akgopher

Reaction score
I feel the Borton era should be on double secret probation, she did take a team to the Final 4, but we should remember the athletic department inquiry into her program when players started leaving. How would Tubby respond to a public, internal investigation to this issue?

I don't know if Maturi should be looking into the exodus, but I do feel there is a perception that Tubby is above being questioned.

Tubby is the coach of a revenue sport that matters, Borton is the coach of a non-revenue sport that doesn't. Investigating this benefits no one, including the U.

The Borton situation was worse anyway.

badger joel macturi continues to lead the revenue sports deeper and deeper...

into the abyss. Run the little ranger out of town right now. It is looking as though there are a LOT of revenue coaching jobs that should considered to be "hot seat" and very shakey. Do you really want badger joel macturi to decide who will stay and who will be dismissed/bought out/thrown under the bus? How low can Men's Hoops, Women's Hoops, Men's hockey go before someone FINALLY starts getting seriour about placing all the blame exactly where it should go? badger joel macturi is guilty of running these programs into the ground during his tenure. Some of the sanction/loss of scholarship years and NCAA Penalty years actually are starting to look like "UP" from where this program currently is residing. Throw the little ranger under the bus and get rid of him at the same time prexy b is FINALLY out the door in June of 2011. Any word on the golf law suit lately? IF badger joel macturi shows up at TCF BANK STADIUM in 2011....show him the kind of disrespect he shows every season ticket holder of every revenue sport. In other words, boo him until he NEVER shows his face again.

; 0 )

I think it's a tough situation for a coach to come into a really good conference you to expect miracles. It's different recruiting territory, style of play and yet you've been to the post season 3 out of 4 years. You're better off for having Tubby there than you were before he got there. I think it will get better as well.

I think it's a tough situation for a coach to come into a really good conference you to expect miracles. It's different recruiting territory, style of play and yet you've been to the post season 3 out of 4 years. You're better off for having Tubby there than you were before he got there. I think it will get better as well.

Woa, hold on nota. The ship sank in the second half because of departed players and injuries. Part of the sinking of the ship was due to defections. Time to think of Tubby as a liability as well as a good coach. Time to take the rose colored glasses off and stop to think of why so many players departed. This is not a good situation. It increases the cost of recruiting and increased the cost in terms of experience on the court next year. We are now less two, not one, but two good players as Sampson is looking to ditch the program if he is thinking of entering the draft. Tubby is quickly entering the liability zone.

So you had one pg leave who's a pothead, and your starting point guard got hurt. Can't control injuries. I don't think Ralph is going anywhere, he's just getting feedback but he has gotten progressively better each year, however I don't think he's good enough to play in the nba period. He's a good college player who'll play professionally just not in the nba. He's not physically dominant enough to play in the nba, doesn't mean he can't dedicate himself to a strength program and give it a try but he's pretty soft for 6"11 and not nearly skilled enough to be face up 4 in the nba. At the start of next season you'll have 3 top 100 guards on your roster, you'll be fine plus a juco transfer. Rodney develops a little you'll have 4 solid wing scorers and much quicker and you'll still have the length to guard the basket. You'll be much better next year whether mbakwe comes back or not.

So you had one pg leave who's a pothead, and your starting point guard got hurt. Can't control injuries. I don't think Ralph is going anywhere, he's just getting feedback but he has gotten progressively better each year, however I don't think he's good enough to play in the nba period. He's a good college player who'll play professionally just not in the nba. He's not physically dominant enough to play in the nba, doesn't mean he can't dedicate himself to a strength program and give it a try but he's pretty soft for 6"11 and not nearly skilled enough to be face up 4 in the nba. At the start of next season you'll have 3 top 100 guards on your roster, you'll be fine plus a juco transfer. Rodney develops a little you'll have 4 solid wing scorers and much quicker and you'll still have the length to guard the basket. You'll be much better next year whether mbakwe comes back or not.

+1

but Gophers will be fine next year, no doubt about it IMO.

That is exactly correct. Although, if Samspon puts in a lot of work I think he could make the NBA as a role player, but who knows.

Top Bottom