Will Tubby ever stop going after Minnesota recruits?

Why is Tubby recruiting MN?

• These are good players and Tubby still has MN connections.

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • He holds a grudge against Minny and wants us to fail.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The 2017 class is just that good.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Otis, my man, you have lost it!

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
It seems like every time we offer a Minnesota kid, Tubby offers within the next week or so. Is he really that interested in these guys or is he letting his anger make his decisions for him?

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like he is poaching or trying to poach simply because we fired him. Vote for your choice.

When he lands one then we can take notice. Until then, he seems to offer MN kids without much reciprocation. I don't blame him from tapping into areas where he has relationships.

I would assume he built some good relationships with high school coaches while working at the U of M. Not surprising that they still talk and he hears about the kids here. It's all about connections.

Tubby is a highly respected college basketball coach. If there's a Minnesota kid he's interested in, would guess the kid would be flattered and willing to listen, especially considering Tubby's well-documented character and his (as others have pointed out) Minnesota connection.

Smart
he knows the recruiting region
knows the aau and hs coaches
why not?
he hasn't landed any yet

Why shouldn't he recruit here?

It's just odd. How often did you see Texas Tech or Memphis recruiting Minnesota? Plus, it seems like a waste of time. Whatever, though. Kind of amusing.

How often do you see Minnesota recruiting the east coast? Coaches recruit where they have connections. Tubby made some connections here.

It's just odd. How often did you see Texas Tech or Memphis recruiting Minnesota? Plus, it seems like a waste of time.

Whatever, though. Kind of amusing.

While at TT is seemed like a waste of time, he has a much better shot at Memphis IMO.

Why not, there's talent here and Tubby has something to sell. Grant it the AAC isn't the Big Ten

We all know that Tubby was and is a highly motivated gifted recruiter. Fan support at Kentucky towards the end of his tenure there and pretty much his entire tenure at the UofM supports that.

This is funniest post I think that I have ever read. Fear the Tubby!

Top Bottom