Will the Wild Make the Playoffs?

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Okay, it's not gopher hockey, but there isn't going to be much news on any gopher sports. If they were to cancel the rest of the NHL season and go right into the playoffs, will the Wild make the cut? Based on points the answer is no, we're the first team out. However, if they give everyone the same number of games played (meaning they take away points from the last games for any team that's played more than 69 games), then I think we make the cut.

Okay, it's not gopher hockey, but there isn't going to be much news on any gopher sports. If they were to cancel the rest of the NHL season and go right into the playoffs, will the Wild make the cut? Based on points the answer is no, we're the first team out. However, if they give everyone the same number of games played (meaning they take away points from the last games for any team that's played more than 69 games), then I think we make the cut.

Guess I'll answer my own question. Looks like I was wrong. No mater what they do, if they cancel the season right now we're not going to make it to the playoffs. The Jets may get pushed out, but we still wouldn't make the cut.

It will be interesting how this plays out. Are we going to have soccer, baseball, basketball, hockey all at the same time this summer?

My thinking is that they will cut the play offs to best of 5 all the way until the end when it will go best of 7. As to the season, they will play perhaps a few games at least before the playoff starts. How many is anyone's guess.

I'll take a page from upnorth as to responding to my own comments. I see that the Twins are out now until May 15th at least. If it went out that long or longer, it wouldn't be that much longer before the season kicks in again. I'm now thinking that the league will cancel the season unless they go to a best of 3 as to the play offs. Wild may be out of it. Perhaps the players learned a lesson by screwing around.

Management has been good to the players. Not sure why they dink around year after year.

I had a thought this morning: just one major sports league should come back to return a slight sense of normalcy for people. Test players and personnel regularly. Play with no fans. If the NHL did this, they’d make a killing with a lot of eye balls on TV.

I just hope they get games going without fans ASAP

I think the seaso n is over.

But if the NHL came back, they would have to do something that would allow all the trams that had a "chance" (Wild, Predators, Jets possibly even Blackhawks) to play in the playoffs. What this would look like, I don't know. But Wild would be well placed and could do well.

I actually think they should come back and play without fans and with pretty rigorous medical testing and quarantining.

They made it. Now drop the damn puck already

They could still just cancel the season.

Top Bottom