Will the Gophers make it to a Bowl Game?

MennoSota

Reaction score
We are now 0-2 in the B1G. Do we win enough games to make a bowl game?

I have my doubts. We have to beat either Maryland (on the road) or Northwestern (at home), and not blow it against Rutgers and Purdue. If I had to guess, I'd say we go 5-7 (2-7). But we could surprise late season against the Cats.

This is by far the easiest schedule we've had in years, and we just have the most
undercoached team since Brew's first year. Another 5-7.

They'll get to 6-6. But no one will care.

Who cares. Yippie! We went 6-6 again, time for another Little Caesars bowl game that we can "use" in recruiting and do the same thing over again the next season.

Who cares. Yippie! We went 6-6 again, time for another Little Caesars bowl game that we can "use" in recruiting and do the same thing over again the next season.

Don't forget the extra practices that will make us even better next year.

Last year, some non-informed fans could blame it on all the injuries... so the bowl game was somehow validation of that.

This year, who the hell cares anymore. This team maxed out two years ago. I gave the benefit to Claeys last year, but he has no excuse this year. He's a high school level coach only.

I hope we fail to make a bowl game and start over with new coaches. No more picking the apple from Kill's orchard of high school level coaches.

No.

I think we will end 6-6 and not be invited.

Yes. We will make a bowl game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they will make a bowl game

But it will be an ESPN2 bowl game in a cold climate

Yes, we should beat Purdue and Rutgers for 5. Then we have a chance against Illinois or Northwestern. I see road losses to Wisconsin and Nebraska and they could be bad. Gophers have a lot of young talent, but lack consistency at QB and energy and imagination on offense. I'd get a new OC, even if this one has been here only a year. Much too dull and predictable. Overall, the fifth and sixth years of the Kill era have been a big disappointment. The Gophers did not turn the corner.

Will we make a bowl game......Probably, we got to one last year at 5-7 because the bowl system is so watered down and there are winnable games on the schedule.

Will anyone care about the bowl game if we get there at 6-6?.....Nope

6-6 and a bowl against a directional school from the MAC, resulting in a loss. Hopefully coached by the interim HC at that point. Until then we'll get a steady diet of 11am kickoffs and dwindling attendance. Maybe the administration should have been listening to Claeys a while back when he said that he could be happy "tending bar" in Clay Center, KS, because he sure performs like it.

I'm going to be positive and say we earn another bowl birth by going five & seven.

No.

I think we will end 6-6 and not be invited.

That's hardly possible anymore. Do you realize how many bowl games there are? Why do you think they took three 5-7 teams last year?

Yes the team will make a bowl game if for no other reason than our remaining schedule includes three teams who appear to be worse than us.

That's hardly possible anymore. Do you realize how many bowl games there are? Why do you think they took three 5-7 teams last year?

If they go 5-7 again and accept a bowl bid, then they should leave the FBS if this all they are capable of.

I am amazed that people here care about "Bowl Games" it seems very outdated compared to most other college football fanbases. The equivalent to making a "Bowl Game" in college basketball would be like getting invited to the CBI...the NIT has tougher standards for power 5 schools than minor bowl games have. The Gophers have been to numerous "Bowl Games" including just last year when they were completely irrelevant.

Is the Tide-E-Bowl Game still being pkayed?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom