Will Seton Hall and Siena remain on schedule?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Seton Hall and Siena are two schools that have been rumored to be on the Gophers' 2010-11 schedule. Have to wonder if the coaching changes at both schools make those games less likely to appear on the schedule.

Seton Hall and Siena are two schools that have been rumored to be on the Gophers' 2010-11 schedule. Have to wonder if the coaching changes at both schools make those games less likely to appear on the schedule.

Should we start guessing now who will replace them? Monmouth? SW Missouri St.? Illinois St.? UN-Reno? Can't wait to pay for season tickets this year!

As these Tubby rumors continue to swirl, I am starting to think he will leave. If he does leave, I'm really hoping for Majerus. He was my pick prior to Maturi snagging Tubby. I wonder what his theory on scheduling is?

Missouri State, Illinois State and Nevada (especially if Luke Babbitt returns for his junior season) would actually be home opponents I'd welcome to the Gophers' schedule. They were all pretty solid this season, all in the top 100 and all in the postseason. They would be significant improvements.

Monmouth. ... not so much.

My first concern this offseason is ensuring tubby is coach. After that, I will turn attention to the schedule. I'm sure the coaching vacancies could play role.

Thanks FargoBison. Assuming Tubby stays on the Gophers' coach, I'll add NDSU to the Gophers' nonconference schedule.

Thanks FargoBison. Assuming Tubby stays on the Gophers' coach, I'll add NDSU to the Gophers' nonconference schedule.

We're still playing you guys in a one-time guarantee game at Williams arena on Monday, November 15th (Hopefully ESPNU or the Big 10 network picks the game up!). Siena's new coach is Mitch Buonaguro who was previously Fran McCaffery's top assistant coach. Siena will be good next year but much younger. It's a game you guys will be a pretty solid favorite in especially early in the year.

Thanks for the update. Looks like that will be one of two games the Gophers will play before heading to Puerto Rico. Am assuming Gophs will play a cupcake @ Williams Arena on opening weekend, either November 12 or 13.

Thanks for the update. Looks like that will be one of two games the Gophers will play before heading to Puerto Rico. Am assuming Gophs will play a cupcake @ Williams Arena on opening weekend, either November 12 or 13.

Rumor is we open with Wofford at the Barn. Seton Hall was never happening apparently.

Wofford certainly wouldn't be a typical opener. Certainly not of the Army (2007-08), Non-Division I (2008-09) or Tennessee Tech (2009-10) variety. We'll actually have played (what should be) two decent opponents before heading to Puerto Rico.

As far as rumors go, Wofford would make a lot of sense as a non-conference opponent given their big Minnesota influence.

Top Bottom