Will Gophers go full calendar year without a P6 win?

Will Gophers go full calendar year without a P6 win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gophers7633

Reaction score
Gophers last P6 win came against Northwestern on February 19th, 2022. Since then, we've lost to Wisconsin, IU, MD, Northwestern, PSU, DePaul, Virginia Tech, Purdue, Michigan, Mississippi State, Wisconsin and Nebraska.

Upcoming schedule:

@ Ohio State
Illinois
Purdue
@Michigan
IU
@ Northwestern
@ Rutgers
Maryland
@ Illinois
Iowa
@ MSU
PSU on 2/18/23

That would put us to 24 in a row if we can't get one of the next 12, and would put us at a full calendar year of losing to P6 teams in a row.

Yes! Only 24 straight bt losses to go! It would be the best stat thrown around when we get the 30 mark

This is utterly insane that we even have to ask this...but here we are. Whoever the programmers of our simulation are, they are some cruel S.O.B's!

Just that a poll like this relevant makes it almost shameful to be a Gophers fan I’m choosing not to vote.

i voted no. our best chance was the last two games againt a skunk team with their best player sitting most of the game. And then against the very bad Nebraska team.

im keeping my expectations low so i can get excited IF a single win happens.

OF course anything could happen but I do not see a win on the schedule so have to say no. Our best player is a freshman at the least important position in college ball. Sigh, I really do long for the days of Marcus Carr and underachieving Patino, at least he LOOKED like he knew what he was doing.

OF course anything could happen but I do not see a win on the schedule so have to say no. Our best player is a freshman at the least important position in college ball. Sigh, I really do long for the days of Marcus Carr and underachieving Patino, at least he LOOKED like he knew what he was doing.
Are you really calling Payne our best player and also saying the center is the least important position in college basketball? I love Payne, but Garcia has been our best player and it’s not really close. CBB is different than the NBA and the 5 is still extremely important.

Rationally i say ‘no’, but I voted yes because we found ways to lose the Wisconsin and Nebraska games, and I don’t see us playing any more effectively against any other rosters.

Gophers last P6 win came against Northwestern on February 19th, 2022. Since then, we've lost to Wisconsin, IU, MD, Northwestern, PSU, DePaul, Virginia Tech, Purdue, Michigan, Mississippi State, Wisconsin and Nebraska.

Upcoming schedule:

@ Ohio State
Illinois
Purdue
@Michigan
IU
@ Northwestern
@ Rutgers
Maryland
@ Illinois
Iowa
@ MSU
PSU on 2/18/23

That would put us to 24 in a row if we can't get one of the next 12, and would put us at a full calendar year of losing to P6 teams in a row.

Technical point: a calendar year runs from January 1st to December 31st. What you are talking about is a "fiscal year." We had a win over a P6 team during the last calendar year. This calendar year just started and will end on December 31st, 2023.

What a stupid idiotic thing to post. Take it to the Badger board.

Bear in mind that people post "stupid, idiotic things" when there's not much of value to post. This team doesn't generate much positive or even interesting fan support so you get stuff like this.

Reactions: MRJ

Are you really calling Payne our best player and also saying the center is the least important position in college basketball? I love Payne, but Garcia has been our best player and it’s not really close. CBB is different than the NBA and the 5 is still extremely important.
Nope, even now Garcia is terrible I am sorry. Payne is better than Garcia in every category outside of shooting.

PG is the MOST important in the college basketball due to penetration and shooting being really hit or miss.

Nope, even now Garcia is terrible I am sorry. Payne is better than Garcia in every category outside of shooting.
This is absolutely asinine. Garcia is not “terrible”. Metrically and just in simple common sense, Garcia is better at this time. You want to argue potential? Then maybe a conversation can be had. Garcia does a lot more than people want to give him credit for.
PG is the MOST important in the college basketball due to penetration and shooting being really hit or miss.
I didn’t say C was most important. You did call it the least important. That’s not true either imo.

Upcoming schedule:

@ Ohio State
Illinois
Purdue
@Michigan
IU
@ Northwestern
@ Rutgers
Maryland
@ Illinois
Iowa
@ MSU
PSU on 2/18/23

Did not age well

i voted no. our best chance was the last two games againt a skunk team with their best player sitting most of the game. And then against the very bad Nebraska team.

im keeping my expectations low so i can get excited IF a single win happens.
Well son of a gun! I was way off!

They beat the clock...err calendar, I mean!

Great call by the ref at the end. He was mauled!

They beat the clock...err calendar, I mean!

Great call by the ref at the end. He was mauled!

Funny thing is....the ball dropped right back into his hands for what would have been an uncontested.....easy lay in at the buzzer. Sending Cooper to the line actually gave OSU a better shot at winning. lol.

Funny thing is....the ball dropped right back into his hands for what would have been an uncontested.....easy lay in at the buzzer. Sending Cooper to the line actually gave OSU a better shot at winning. lol.
Yes, I thought that too. Not sure if the defender stopped having heard a whistle, but it did look like Cooper was in position and had just enough time to gather himself for a lay up. I rewound it several times trying to figure it out.

Yes, I thought that too. Not sure if the defender stopped having heard a whistle, but it did look like Cooper was in position and had just enough time to gather himself for a lay up. I rewound it several times trying to figure it out.
That was my take on that sequence as well. The block was clean, shouldn't have been a foul, but man that ball went right back into Cooper's hands with nobody near him. He would have had to turn in order to make the shot but he was right at the rim and there would have been time for him to gather himself some.

Thankfully we'll have that one night in Columbus to avoid this dubious distinction.

Good job coach Johnson!!

Top Bottom