Will Coach Kill be at the State Fair to meet fans?

Triple D

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Coach Kill will be there?

Seems like a great way to introduce yourself to thousands of Gopher fans and get the fan base excited for the upcoming season kick-off. Lots of outstate fans will be at the State Fair who normally wouldn't get a chance to meet U personalities.

In fact, not sure if they do this but the U should have a booth for fans to stop by, buy tickets and souvenirs, and meet Kill, Tubby, Lucia, Maturi, etc. for scheduled appearances.

No offense, but I hope not. The timing is poor, but he has no business being there. If the Fair were sometime between April and July, I'd be all for it, but a week before our first game of the year? No way.

No offense, but I hope not. The timing is poor, but he has no business being there. If the Fair were sometime between April and July, I'd be all for it, but a week before our first game of the year? No way.

You take this and yourself way to seriously. Going to the State Fair is great business for anyone selling a product or program.

Does anyone know if Coach Kill will be there?

Seems like a great way to introduce yourself to thousands of Gopher fans and get the fan base excited for the upcoming season kick-off. Lots of outstate fans will be at the State Fair who normally wouldn't get a chance to meet U personalities.

In fact, not sure if they do this but the U should have a booth for fans to stop by, buy tickets and souvenirs, and meet Kill, Tubby, Lucia, Maturi, etc. for scheduled appearances.

Guess you have never been to the fair? They have a huge building in which all this takes place. The winter and spring athletic team coaches have a day on which they are all there, or a representative is there. August 30th and September 1 this year. marching band is in the parade on Sunday the 27th.

The fall sports are never at the fair generally. They are too busy with practice, etc to some out.

If Kill will be there, he would probably be live at WCCO for the sports huddle on Sunday the 27th as well...

http://www.statefair.umn.edu/

If Coach is there, I hope it is only for an hour or so, and on Sunday...come on folks, this is the most serious and busy time of the whole year for this team and this staff. Yes, it would add a tiny, tiny amount of PR, but holy crap, hasn't he already done loads during the off-season? Don't want to be a party pooper, but the game on September 3 will be the biggest moment of Kill's career and for most of his staff. Focus, focus focus.

Think about it if it were you...

Brewster was in the fair parade a couple of years ago with the UofM marching band. I seriously doubt that a couple of hours of Kill's time will make or break the opening game or season, as some are suggesting.

The Gopher building at the fair is great. They usually have the Heisman trophy on display and other trophy's and awards. Plus, there is a huge selection of Gopher clothing and accessories for sale. THe Goalline Club also has a section for information and signing up.

Brewster was in the fair parade a couple of years ago with the UofM marching band. I seriously doubt that a couple of hours of Kill's time will make or break the opening game or season, as some are suggesting.

Did Brew attend the fair prior to the 1-11 season or the 55-0 season?

I kid.

Kill really needs to get out there...between 25 practices open to the public in the spring and August and a tour of the state and several metro speaking engagements and on WCCO every week and on KFAN quite often including in studio and weekly web videos, it's about time the focus shifts to getting some positive PR.

It's a long flight to Los Angeles, plenty of time to game plan.

If I heard right on KFAN today Kill will be on every Thursday between 12-1 with Common throughout the season. Again I just heard it briefly but I think this is fact, maybe someone else caught it?

Those of you who are flippantly want Kill at the Fair:

"Birthday wishes
Kill confirmed earlier "rumors" that he celebrated his 50th birthday Wednesday. True to the blue-collar work ethic that's carried him throughout his career, Kill said he planned to spend the day at the office during the hours following the team's final practice.

"Well, I've got film at 7:15 [p.m.]. I'll be up there until about 11 o'clock. I've had the same birthday for about 29 seasons: work," he said. "Work from about 6 in the morning until about 11, 12 o'clock at night. So, nothing changes much."
"

I'm not ripping on your desire to see Coach at the Fair--but I hope he stays home for a couple of minutes and sleeps. He can go to the Fair after he retires...

Full story

I wouldn't be surprised to see him make an appearance. It's not as though it is too far away either, so I could see him dropping by for an hour or two. But I don't think he should necessarily feel an absolute obligation to be there though, the guy is "kill"ing himself trying to get this team ready, I wouldn't blame him one bit if he didn't make it out.

That said, I think he does at some point.

If it works in his schedule fine. However if it doesn't, so be it. I'm not going to pout about it. He's been in high demand and on the go since day one. I'll let him determine if it works or not.

The U has one of the better setups at the Fair. I remember in past years (or in some cases really past years) you can see the Jug and Axe up close as well as other cool stuff. We get to view Floyd this year.

Kill at Fair

Gopher football coaches have been with Sid (sports Huddle) at the Fair for years. Mason made it every year as did Brew

If I heard right on KFAN today Kill will be on every Thursday between 12-1 with Common throughout the season. Again I just heard it briefly but I think this is fact, maybe someone else caught it?

The show will be 12-1 every Thursday but it will be hosted by Mike Grimm and Mark Rosen.

The show will be 12-1 every Thursday but it will be hosted by Mike Grimm and Mark Rosen.

Thanks gopherguy!, I thought it was very strange that Common would have a guest on for an hour. This makes much more sense and will be very interesting to tune in to.

I put my earlier comment in the thread because I thought maybe they would do this portion at the fair, but again I'm not certain.

The U has one of the better setups at the Fair. I remember in past years (or in some cases really past years) you can see the Jug and Axe up close as well as other cool stuff. We get to view Floyd this year.

Was at fair today...saw and touched Floyd! FYI the U guy told me that Floyd will be out of the case from 3-4pm everyday for touching and better pics.

Was at fair today...saw and touched Floyd! FYI the U guy told me that Floyd will be out of the case from 3-4pm everyday for touching and better pics.

Thanks! I'm going to the Fair this weekend, and I will be sure to be there at 3.

Sunday

He was on WCCO this morning with Sid out at the Fair and KFAN on Sunday Sermons as well.

He was on WCCO this morning with Sid out at the Fair and KFAN on Sunday Sermons as well.

Not a chance that we beat USC with three players, coach, AD, and President all at the fair wasting time for over two hours doing interviews. ;)

Top Bottom