Will another team steal Gray away?

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
"Will another team steal Gray away?" This was the question my wife asked me after it became obvious to everyone (even me - who has been a Weber defender) that he deserves a shot. If Gray has the option of sitting out a year at another team and then being their bona-fide starting quarterback, will that start looking more attractive than sitting on the bench for the majority of 2010 behind an ineffective senior?

You guys are crazy. Gray will have a chance to win the job in spring training. By then he will have cured his fumble-itis, studied absurd amounts of game tape, and he will win the starting job. He knows this. He should have played more today, but Gray knows his tendency to fumble has cost him PT this year.

Don't fear Gopher Nation. The Future is Gray.

He should have played more today, but Gray knows his tendency to fumble has cost him PT this year.
It is interesting that Weber's tendency to throw the ball to the other team hasn't cost him PT this year though isn't it?

Are you serious??? Gray's playing as a freshman. Weber can't be here any longer than next year. Gray would have to sit out a year if he left.

Are you serious??? Gray's playing as a freshman. Weber can't be here any longer than next year. Gray would have to sit out a year if he left.

Don't let common sense get in the way, just run your mouth and spew as much venom as possible like everyone else.

Don't let common sense get in the way, just run your mouth and spew as much venom as possible like everyone else.

Sometimes I forget that the rules of logic don't apply here.

New starter in 2010

Enjoy watching Adam Weber's last days this year as the starting QB. Brewster would have to be crazy to sit Gray for another year with Weber's bumbling around in the backfield. Clearly, not all is Weber's fault as his O-line stinks and can't block for him. The "Rebuilt" O-line will need to be Rebuilt again. However, Weber's own ineptitude more than makes up for his O-line's faults. Sitting in Section 236 today one (I) could clearly see how quick and shifty Gray is to the opening on virtually any running play that he executes. To me, his first 5-10 yards are much faster than any of the running backs on the team. Sitting Gray another year, or another year of this 3 Stooges stuff of Gray coming in for a designed running play may cost Brewster his job as well as that of his staff. I really like Brewster & Staff and really think that with two more Brewster & Co. recruiting classes the Gophers may actually be able to compete certainly within the top 5 of the Big Ten. You know damned well that at least one traditional top 4-5 spot is going to remain open in the conference as Rich Rodriguez' firing is coming and it will be simply a formality. The hungry Wolverines fans and administration's appetite for winning, simply will not wait another year or two. Even though the Gophers aren't setting the world on fire, isn't it fun to watch the Wolverines and Rodriguez get their asses kicked?

first of all, for a team to "steal him away" would be tampering and an infraction of NCAA rules.

second, the only way gray would leave is if brewster is gone

catch-22 for the reactionists.

If next year is anything like this then he might as well.......

How does that make any sense? Kids can transfer if they choose, there is no evidence of Gray being a Brewster disciple.

Please present your evidence that Gray isn't a Brewster disciple. Thanks!

One could argue that Gray has shown his loyalty to Brewster by committing to play for him. He also stuck with Brew through his test problems when he could have re-opened his recruitment. If you don't recall, he did not. Further, there has been no rumor or innuendo that he is unhappy here or with the staff. So I ask, what and where would your evidence be?

Without a response . . .

VB would have to be agreed with based on the history presented. I think Brewster has proven to be very loyal to his players, and it seems in the case of Gray. That loyalty has been returned in Gray's case.

I would be interested in what those with fear would present in as evidence to the assertion that Gray is likely to bolt. I'd think if he were going to bolt, he would have done so before this year.

Please present your evidence that Gray isn't a Brewster disciple. Thanks!

One could argue that Gray has shown his loyalty to Brewster by committing to play for him. He also stuck with Brew through his test problems when he could have re-opened his recruitment. If you don't recall, he did not. Further, there has been no rumor or innuendo that he is unhappy here or with the staff. So I ask, what and where would your evidence be?

It is interesting that Weber's tendency to throw the ball to the other team hasn't cost him PT this year though isn't it?

I tend to see a guy who can't read the DE in a zone read get run out and take snaps at QB.

Wow, Omega you're a Gophers and Cubs fan. I now feel better about my fanhood.

He also has a redshirt year so he could sit a year without losing a year on the field.

Marquis has got to be standing there on the sideline watching Adam Weber self destruct and saying " I am better than this guy and why won't they give me an opportunity." I wouldn't blame him if he starts to become disenchanted.

Where are the Weber loyalists? I miss you guys. And where are Brews' defenders? have you guys gone in hiding?

Top Bottom