WI #24

They have OSU at #7.
Wake Forest at #8.

What would the line be if those two teams played each other this week?
That's aprt of the reason this ranking is laughable.
College football rankings until 1990something were more about best season than best team. And the remnants are still in the poll.

Until there objective criteria for the playoff consideration should we just have Alabama number 1 regardless of results because they’d be favored in Vegas? There has got to be a hybrid of best season best team in rankings

I hope swingman starts a thread for every power ranking he can find

Not as whack as you bro!

Educate yourself, negative kiddo, by reading the thread below

Not as whack as you bro!

Educate yourself, negative kiddo, by reading the thread below

crack on the shoulder, not a chip!

College football rankings until 1990something were more about best season than best team. And the remnants are still in the poll.

Until there objective criteria for the playoff consideration should we just have Alabama number 1 regardless of results because they’d be favored in Vegas? There has got to be a hybrid of best season best team in rankings
Where would you rank Alabama right now ?

Where would you rank Alabama right now ?
I am old school and think it should be more about the quality of season. Which is objective than subjective “who is best”
So based on resume…

Alabama has beaten one team currently in the top 25 (ole miss) and lost to one team currently in the top 25 (Texas A&M)
Cinci has a top 25 win better than A&M and no losses.
Oklahoma has no top 25 wins but no losses
Ohio state top 25 win and a top 25 loss. I think the loss is equal and the win is worse (ole miss > Penn state)
Michigan state with a top 25 win no losses.
Notre dame with a top 25 win and a top 25 loss.
Oregon top 25 win. Loss to unranked.
Michigan loss to top 25. No top 25 wins.
Ok state top 25 win. Loss to unranked
Baylor top 25 win. Top 25 loss
SMU unranked loss, no top 25 win. Same with Houston and coastal
uTSA no losses. No quality wins. Same with wake forest and Oklahoma

I’d probably go:
Georgia
Cincinnati
Michigan state
Alabama
Ohio state
Notre dame
Baylor
Oregon
Oklahoma state
Oklahoma
Wake forest
UTSA
Michigan
Houston
SMU
Coastal carolina

Would have to do a deeper dive to see where two loss teams could show up for me. I would have a hard time ranking a two loss team above where I have UTSA on this list.

not sure why Oklahoma is ranked so much higher than wake when they essentially have the same resume. I guess 4-4 Texas is a good win. They literally haven’t played any of the other top 4 in the big 12 yet.

Is Oklahoma a better team than Baylor? Ok state? Probably. But as of now no data to support that. So I have to give credit to:
1) teams who don’t lose
2) Teams who beat people of quality
3) teams who don’t lose to bad or mediocre teams

If you aren’t willing to rank UTSA over 3 loss wisconsin…what is the point of the season?

Until there criteria for the playoff consideration should we just have Alabama number 1 regardless of results because they’d be favored in Vegas? There has got to be a hybrid of best season best team in rankings

The CFP panel of ADs and smattering of coaches and former players looks for data to fit their preconceived bias and eye test. The press conferences and explanations are an absolute joke. If and when this abomination is thrown into the dustbin of history it won’t be a moment too soon.

The CFP panel of ADs and smattering of coaches and former players looks for data to fit their preconceived bias and eye test. The press conferences and explanations are an absolute joke. If and when this abomination is thrown into the dustbin of history it won’t be a moment too soon.
Agree. Objective criteria should be a requirement for expansion

Exactly! THE CFP committee cherry picks stats that allow them to pick the teams they want and ignore stats that they don't like. In '14 we heard about game-control as a stat in order to undervalue Florida State -- yet the committee has not put the emphasis on it every year.

Exactly! THE CFP committee cherry picks stats that allow them to pick the teams they want and ignore stats that they don't like. In '14 we heard about game-control as a stat in order to undervalue Florida State -- yet the committee has not put the emphasis on it every year.

A reply in that tweet storm thread. Oh man, this is heartbreaking 😂. This kid is going to be sitting in his rocking chair when he’s 89 thinking about this.

When my time comes, and if heaven truly exists, I hope my daily schedule includes a round of golf at Augusta with Rodney, George Carlin and Mitch Hedberg.
I mean, it's up to you, but here's what Carlin thought about golf:

I've got just the place for low-cost housing. I have solved this problem. I know where we can build housing for the homeless: golf courses! It's perfect! Just what we need. Plenty of good land, in nice neighborhoods, land that is currently being wasted on a meaningless, mindless activity engaged in primarily by white, well-to-do male businessmen who use the game to get together to make deals to carve this country up a little finer amongst themselves. I am getting tired, really getting tired, of these golfing cocksuckers in their green pants, and their yellow pants, and their orange pants, and their precious little hats and their cute little golf carts! It is time to reclaim the golf courses from the wealthy and turn them over to the homeless! Golfing is a arrogant, elitist game which takes up entirely too much room in this country. Too much room' in this country! It is an arrogant game on its very design alone, just the design of the game speaks of arrogance. Think of how big a golf course is - the ball is that fucking big! What do these pin-headed pricks need with all that land?! There are over seventeen thousand golf courses in America, they average over one hundred and fifty acres a piece - that's three million plus acres, four thousand, eight hundred and twenty square miles - you could build two Rhode Islands and a Delaware for the homeless on the land currently being wasted on this meaningless, mindless, arrogant, elitist, racist, there's another thing; the only blacks you'll find at country clubs are carrying trays. And a boring game. A boring game for boring people. You ever watch golf on television? It's like watching flies fuck! And a mindless game, mindless. Think of the intellect it must take, to draw pleasure from this activity: hitting a ball with a crooked stick and then, walking after it! And then, hitting it again! I say pick it up asshole, you're lucky you found the fucking thing! Put it in your pocket and go home, you're a winner! You've found it! No chance of that happening. Dork-o in the plaid knickers is going to hit it again and walk some more. Let these rich cocksuckers play miniature golf! Let them fuck with a windmill for an hour and a half or so! See if there's any real skill among these people. Now I know there are some people who play golf who don't consider themselves rich. FUCK 'EM! And shame on them for engaging in an arrogant, elitist pastime.

I mean, it's up to you, but here's what Carlin thought about golf:

I've got just the place for low-cost housing. I have solved this problem. I know where we can build housing for the homeless: golf courses! It's perfect! Just what we need. Plenty of good land, in nice neighborhoods, land that is currently being wasted on a meaningless, mindless activity engaged in primarily by white, well-to-do male businessmen who use the game to get together to make deals to carve this country up a little finer amongst themselves. I am getting tired, really getting tired, of these golfing cocksuckers in their green pants, and their yellow pants, and their orange pants, and their precious little hats and their cute little golf carts! It is time to reclaim the golf courses from the wealthy and turn them over to the homeless! Golfing is a arrogant, elitist game which takes up entirely too much room in this country. Too much room' in this country! It is an arrogant game on its very design alone, just the design of the game speaks of arrogance. Think of how big a golf course is - the ball is that fucking big! What do these pin-headed pricks need with all that land?! There are over seventeen thousand golf courses in America, they average over one hundred and fifty acres a piece - that's three million plus acres, four thousand, eight hundred and twenty square miles - you could build two Rhode Islands and a Delaware for the homeless on the land currently being wasted on this meaningless, mindless, arrogant, elitist, racist, there's another thing; the only blacks you'll find at country clubs are carrying trays. And a boring game. A boring game for boring people. You ever watch golf on television? It's like watching flies fuck! And a mindless game, mindless. Think of the intellect it must take, to draw pleasure from this activity: hitting a ball with a crooked stick and then, walking after it! And then, hitting it again! I say pick it up asshole, you're lucky you found the fucking thing! Put it in your pocket and go home, you're a winner! You've found it! No chance of that happening. Dork-o in the plaid knickers is going to hit it again and walk some more. Let these rich cocksuckers play miniature golf! Let them fuck with a windmill for an hour and a half or so! See if there's any real skill among these people. Now I know there are some people who play golf who don't consider themselves rich. FUCK 'EM! And shame on them for engaging in an arrogant, elitist pastime.
Classic bit. He can mix drinks and drive the cart.

Tomorrow the only poll or ranking that counts comes out and that will be subject to change as the crucial weeks of the season unfold.
Paying attention the other polls is a waste of time.

Top Bottom