Why there might be hope next Saturday.....

STPGopher

Reaction score
First off, too many players had an off day. Especially on offense. I hope after the film session, the team puts this behind them. Second, I don't know if it's actually a trend, but it seems like this team cycles between an off week and an on week this season. During the Airforce game the team was on fire. Starting against Cal not so much. Northwestern solid game. Key times against UW first half not as much(Especially on offense). Purdue, the team was on. PSU, the O never really showed and the defense ran out of gas, physically and emotionally.

My guess is the team will rebound. Will it be enough to beat OSU? I don't know. I just have a feeling that we will be a little more effective then this Saturday.

BTW This leads me to a question I've had for a while. Can this team win flat? Or does the Chili have to be boiling for us to win?

It can't get worse. Or can it?

There is plenty of Sr. leadership which should result in more consistent play and rally the troops. Whatever pressure that was on the guys has been lifted now with two BT losses. Our weakness's have been exposed now after 7 games. We are who we are. A bunch of average to below average veteran players sprinkled in with a few promising youngsters once again trying to execute new systems.

I am still holding out for 6 W's but we won't get a sniff if we duplicate that offensive performance.

Its too bad though that OSU had their off-day yesterday as well and I expect sweater-vest to have them ready to play next week.

Its too bad though that OSU had their off-day yesterday as well and I expect sweater-vest to have them ready to play next week.

Yea well we had an off day so OSU better watch out!!

"Yeah...we laid an egg in Happy Valley...but you have no idea what we're hatchin for the Shoe!"

Top Bottom