Why Rodrick Didn't PLay & Play Calling Before the Half

Iceland12

Reaction score
Rodrick Williams played on special teams but not at tailback. That wasn’t injury-related.

“Rodrick has got to grow up a little bit off the field,” Claeys said. “He’s a good football player, and we need him, but the principles are in place that we’ve set since we’ve been here.

“He had a little bit of a rough week off the field on things he was asked to do. So as soon as he takes care of those issues we’ll make sure we get him back in there.”..

Claeys also explained the team’s cautious play-calling before Chris Hawthorne missed a 44-yard field goal to end the first half.

“I told the offensive guys, ‘Hey, be careful with the football here,’ ” Claeys said, noting that the team fell behind late in the first half against Michigan in an eventual 42-13 loss.

“Going into halftime tied 7-7 on the road — there’s no shame in that,” Claeys said. “And we felt like momentum had turned our way in the second quarter, and I didn’t want to do anything to give that back to them.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/228555511.html?page=all&prepage=2&c=y#continue

Rodrick Williams played on special teams but not at tailback. That wasn’t injury-related.

“Rodrick has got to grow up a little bit off the field,” Claeys said. “He’s a good football player, and we need him, but the principles are in place that we’ve set since we’ve been here.

“He had a little bit of a rough week off the field on things he was asked to do. So as soon as he takes care of those issues we’ll make sure we get him back in there.”..

Claeys also explained the team’s cautious play-calling before Chris Hawthorne missed a 44-yard field goal to end the first half.

“I told the offensive guys, ‘Hey, be careful with the football here,’ ” Claeys said, noting that the team fell behind late in the first half against Michigan in an eventual 42-13 loss.

“Going into halftime tied 7-7 on the road — there’s no shame in that,” Claeys said. “And we felt like momentum had turned our way in the second quarter, and I didn’t want to do anything to give that back to them.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/228555511.html?page=all&prepage=2&c=y#continue

The world's play calling experts all live here, so I can't wait for the responses.

Well in responce to the comment about the Michigan game we may have been able to reclaim momentum in that game if we didnt roll over and die at the end of he first half with the ball starting at the 25.

Top Bottom