Why Minnesota is Nebraska’s Most Important Game And How The Huskers Will Win

This first game is scary to me

After watching and reading a bunch of pregame press, I just hope our team has more urgency than the Huskers. Huskers want this win BAD for many reasons and I just hope to see our team not only win this test but blow the Huskers out with a dominating win to start our season.

I can see PJ just brushing a loss to NEB off like it’s nothing saying things like “we still have the entire season ahead of us” sort of statement and then go get our first win by blowing out Eastern Michigan the next week and say some BS like “we have the team that I know we have and we can win when we do what we’re supposed to do”

Nah, nah, nah, we need to win when it counts, when it can build our brand, this first game win against our division opponent with national exposure is critical to this season. I think I’d be less pissed if we win against NEB, then lose to EM than lose to NEB and beat EM.

Starting 1-0 against our division foe on Thursday is a must! Don’t give me some BS.

A loss to NEB, I guess I just saved more money on “Pledge Per Win”.

This first game is scary to me

After watching and reading a bunch of pregame press, I just hope our team has more urgency than the Huskers. Huskers want this win BAD for many reasons and I just hope to see our team not only win this test but blow the Huskers out with a dominating win to start our season.

I can see PJ just brushing a loss to NEB off like it’s nothing saying things like “we still have the entire season ahead of us” sort of statement and then go get our first win by blowing out Eastern Michigan the next week and say some BS like “we have the team that I know we have and we can win when we do what we’re supposed to do”

Nah, nah, nah, we need to win when it counts, when it can build our brand, this first game win against our division opponent with national exposure is critical to this season. I think I’d be less pissed if we win against NEB, then lose to EM than lose to NEB and beat EM.

Starting 1-0 against our division foe on Thursday is a must! Don’t give me some BS.

A loss to NEB, I guess I just saved more money on “Pledge Per Win”.
I can assure you the coaches and players are taking it seriously.

First conference game, home game, night game, full stadium, hated rival, and national TV should have the team fired up.
The FL/Utah game may draw more viewers though.

Neb isn't a hated rival. No more than Illinois or Purdue. I would honestly hate those latter two more than Neb, for losses the last two years.

Neb has been like a soft, fluffy pillow that you lay your head down upon to get a good night rest.

First conference game, home game, night game, full stadium, hated rival, and national TV should have the team fired up.

We can always count on you Sunshine.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Atmosphere should be great at the outset. But some of PJ's most inexplicable losses have come in home games. Not sure why. Has allowed some "should lose" opponents to take home crowd out of game? I am really looking forward to this game. Weather/conditions should be perfect. Go Gophers.

I am worried about Jeff Sims, the 6’ 4”, 220-pound 4-Star Dual Threat QB transfer from Georgia Tech.

He is a very real threat to upset the Gophers opener.

Relevance?

Top Bottom