Why its important to let all the facts come out

JPIIGopher

Reaction score
pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/another_version_of_mike_mcquea.html

This could sure change things.

Innocent and until proven guilty should be the norm, but this has been a "Where there's smoke," situation, so prejudged by all, including the media. Grand jury proceedings are supposed to be secret and no defense attorney is present. Those who remember the pedophile hysteria in the '70s, where many innocent parties were smeared and sent to prison (including a prominent case in Minnesota) may have misgivings about all this. What is obvious but not noted is that Penn State has probably employed well over 20,000 people over the past half century and graduated over 100,000 students, yet the entire institution is being misrepresented because of the folly of a handful of employees and a handful of victims (if allegations are true - and they very well may be).

Not sure what is up with McQueery and all the different versions of his story. I would think that for his own sake if a grand jury was involved he would want to avoid inconsistent accounts because he could get himself in a ton of trouble.

I just hope they figure this out quickly because the truth needs to come out on this so that Penn State can move past it and start to heel and if Sandusky is in fact guilty then he can be dealt with accordingly.

Every pedophile in America is cheering for the public to blame McQueery and ruin his life. And so far their quiet campaign has been very, very successful.

As McQueery's life has been destroyed, I wonder how many thousands of people have decided they will never speak-up about something they saw or heard (or maybe just sensed) when it comes to the abuse of a child.

Every pedophile in America is cheering for the public to blame McQueery and ruin his life. And so far their quiet campaign has been very, very successful.

As McQueery's life has been destroyed, I wonder how many thousands of people have decided they will never speak-up about something they saw or heard (or maybe just sensed) when it comes to the abuse of a child.
Speaking up about it is great, having at least 3 different versions of your story out there is not.

Innocent and until proven guilty should be the norm, but this has been a "Where there's smoke," situation, so prejudged by all, including the media. Grand jury proceedings are supposed to be secret and no defense attorney is present. Those who remember the pedophile hysteria in the '70s, where many innocent parties were smeared and sent to prison (including a prominent case in Minnesota) may have misgivings about all this. What is obvious but not noted is that Penn State has probably employed well over 20,000 people over the past half century and graduated over 100,000 students, yet the entire institution is being misrepresented because of the folly of a handful of employees and a handful of victims (if allegations are true - and they very well may be).

Meaning the top--the coach (top of the football team), the AD (top of the athletic department), and President (top of the school). That handful, is at least six handfuls. That's a hell of a lot. With those three knowing, there's a lot more people that had to have known and looked the other way.

McQueary was bought and paid for. He's nowhere close to an innocent victim--he knew exactly what he was doing, and what the aforementioned three could do for him.

McQueery did it to himself. If he is telling the truth, then he had a moral obligation to call the police himself if Paterno did not do it immediately. If he is not, then he is lying.

McQueary was bought and paid for. He's nowhere close to an innocent victim--he knew exactly what he was doing, and what the aforementioned three could do for him.

Without McQ's testimony, Sandusky is raping another kid in his basement this evening, and "the aforementioned three" are still in power.

Wrong...if he had done what was right, he would have been hailed a hero. Instead he did the minimum and let it continue when he knew it was going on and did nothing for years until he was CALLED into a grand jury and forced to spill the beans. He is getting what he deserves and if it would have been my 10 year old son getting raped...I'd be in jail and they would all be dead.

Without McQ's testimony, Sandusky is raping another kid in his basement this evening, and "the aforementioned three" are still in power.

...and McQueary was promoted to position coach from grad assistant faster than anyone on PSU's staff since 1966...

Wrong...if he had done what was right, he would have been hailed a hero. Instead he did the minimum and let it continue when he knew it was going on and did nothing for years until he was CALLED into a grand jury and forced to spill the beans. He is getting what he deserves and if it would have been my 10 year old son getting raped...I'd be in jail and they would all be dead.

Actually, he likely would have lost his job. Those allegations would have been buried like the previous ones.

Actually, he likely would have lost his job. Those allegations would have been buried like the previous ones.

They all are going to lose their jobs...but I would rather be unemployed and able to live with myself than working for men like this. McQ is a coward...

Not sure what is up with McQueery and all the different versions of his story. I would think that for his own sake if a grand jury was involved he would want to avoid inconsistent accounts because he could get himself in a ton of trouble.

I just hope they figure this out quickly because the truth needs to come out on this so that Penn State can move past it and start to heel and if Sandusky is in fact guilty then he can be dealt with accordingly.
Unless it all turns out to be untrue, which seems incredibly unlikely, the on thing that will not happen is that PSU will just"move past it". The trials will take years, and they will get to hear about it ad nauseum.

Unless it all turns out to be untrue, which seems incredibly unlikely, the on thing that will not happen is that PSU will just"move past it". The trials will take years, and they will get to hear about it ad nauseum.

Move past it might have been a bad choice of words on my part. I know this will never go away for Penn State but I hope once everyone involved is purged from the University that people will be smart enough to associate these horrible actions with the people involved and not the school itself.

Top Bottom