Why I don't like Brewster

SeniorGopher

Reaction score
I'm a 1943 alumni from the Golden days. Here's why I don't like Brewster and the new stadium:

The new stadium is outdoors. In the Metrodome we didn't have to deal with rain and wind. I don't want to get wet at a game. The Metrodome is far away enough from campus to keep students away so that you don't have to deal with as many unruly students when going to a game. The spread offense adds too much flashy show-off to the offense. I don't like show-offs. I like rooting for the underdog. It's no fun to watch a team when you expect to win. With the spread offense everything moves too fast. It's too hard to watch. If they start winning, too many people will jump on the bandwagon. Ticket prices will go up and people will be standing all of the time so I can't rest my legs if I want to see the game. It will be too loud with more poeple. As it is I have a hard time hearing the announcer. There won't be beer at the new stadium. I like to drink beers. The big screen and all the antics will be a distraction from the game. I don't like all of this new funny stuff.

Haha ... I ... can't tell if this is in jest or not. Is that bad?

I'm a 1943 alumni from the Golden days. Here's why I don't like Brewster and the new stadium:

The new stadium is outdoors. In the Metrodome we didn't have to deal with rain and wind. I don't want to get wet at a game. The Metrodome is far away enough from campus to keep students away so that you don't have to deal with as many unruly students when going to a game. The spread offense adds too much flashy show-off to the offense. I don't like show-offs. I like rooting for the underdog. It's no fun to watch a team when you expect to win. With the spread offense everything moves too fast. It's too hard to watch. If they start winning, too many people will jump on the bandwagon. Ticket prices will go up and people will be standing all of the time so I can't rest my legs if I want to see the game. It will be too loud with more poeple. As it is I have a hard time hearing the announcer. There won't be beer at the new stadium. I like to drink beers. The big screen and all the antics will be a distraction from the game. I don't like all of this new funny stuff.

HAHA Funny stuff!

I too like to drink beers my friend

Very funny - except for the big screen part, which will be a very annoying distraction from the game.

If they start doing the kiss cam and other dumb promotional sh!t and commercials during every break from play, we'll all look at the big a$$ screen as an annoying corporate tool that sucks the raw college atmosphere out of "The Bank."

I think you sit behind me at the dome! Yelling at me when I stand up and yell on thrid downs, and after big plays, and after touchdowns.........

Ummm..................that's all I can think to say about this one......just ummmmmmm.........

Well, that and #$%**!!!

I think they are going to have nicer restrooms at the new stadium that will make it easier on your hemorrhoids, which are obviously making you quite cranky.

By the way, you're not the guy who yelled "get out of my yard" at me last week, are you?

If you hate the Brew there is something wrong with you.

Something really has to be said about the fact that Brewster said the new offensive coordinator will be someone to get really excited about, but then hires a defensive coordinator (that at least isn't "exciting" to most fans) first.

Obviously he wanted a new OC and surely has a list already narrowed down to a few select candidates. So when the DC resigns, why rush to fill the spot without doing research first? Obviously Cosgrove is average, and hired because of ties to Maturi and Brewster -- not for his ability to coach (hence the promotion of Lee).

Just like Brewster in his recruiting comment of 'two commits in the coming weeks' where we've only had one, maybe this guy is full of sh*t and out barking his bite? Yes, he needs to bring excitement back to Gopher Football -- and he surely has... but he can't build hype without a trigger. That's called a liar or a tease. His track record of coordinator-turnovers will surely hurt him in the long run as well. I don't see Cosgrove lasting more than a couple seasons, and I'm not so sure Lee is ready either.

We know the guy can build excitement and back it with recruits (at least better than we traditionally know), but we still don't know if he can coach, and it's starting to really be worrisome when his coordinators can't back him up since they're all 1-and-out too.

/end of rant

Top Bottom