Why do people come here to vent?

Goldmember

Reaction score
Lean how to handle yourself when your team loses. No one wants to hear you bitch. Why do you think we care?

If you have point, then make it. But trying to express to all of us how mad you are is just plain stupid.

Lean how to handle yourself when your team loses. No one wants to hear you bitch. Why do you think we care?

If you have point, then make it. But trying to express to all of us how mad you are is just plain stupid.

Great post. We have a lot of unreasonable fans who absolutely embarrass themselves after a loss when they come on here.

WE ARE SICK OF LOSING!

GET A CLUE! THIS IS THE PLACE TO VENT. WHERE ELSE CAN YOU VENT YOUR FRUSTRATION TO OTHER PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND OUR PAIN. I AM SICK OF LOSING EVERY YEAR! I HAVE SEASON TICKETS AND I WANT TO SEE SOME IMPROVEMENT! WEBER HAS GOTTEN WORSE AND WE HAVE NO O LINE OR RUNNING BACKS! COORIDINATORS KEEP LEAVING AND THE ONES WHO STAY CAN'T ADJUST IN GAME. YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE FAN AND DESERVE A BADGE IF YOU THINK THIS TEAM IS GOOD AND DOESNT DESERVE CRITICISM! I WANT TO DRINK THE KOOL AID BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE A BEER!

GET A CLUE! THIS IS THE PLACE TO VENT. WHERE ELSE CAN YOU VENT YOUR FRUSTRATION TO OTHER PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND OUR PAIN. I AM SICK OF LOSING EVERY YEAR! I HAVE SEASON TICKETS AND I WANT TO SEE SOME IMPROVEMENT! WEBER HAS GOTTEN WORSE AND WE HAVE NO O LINE OR RUNNING BACKS! COORIDINATORS KEEP LEAVING AND THE ONES WHO STAY CAN'T ADJUST IN GAME. YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE FAN AND DESERVE A BADGE IF YOU THINK THIS TEAM IS GOOD AND DOESNT DESERVE CRITICISM! I WANT TO DRINK THE KOOL AID BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE A BEER!

:cry:

Amen! I'm sick of the people who bitch about the people who are bitching.

Deeeeeeeep breaths, began11.

Those of us who realize what has happened and what will continue to happen return this sentiment to those of you who need to learn to handle yourself when your team wins. No one wants to hear you gloat and pile on the platitudes. Why do you think we care?

If you have a point, then make it. But trying to express to all of us how happy you are is just plain stupid.

It's a public forum, people can say whatever they want...vent away, talk about any speculation you want, tell us about any rumors you have heard...I think expressing how mad you are is important to gauge how the fan base feels. You would be surprised how many people in the media actually read these boards and use it to fuel their writing/talk. I'm one of the biggest Gopher fans there is in the world, but come on, if you disregard that last trash time drive they had, they had a total of 63 total yards, 3 first downs, 464 yards given up on Defense while holding PSU only 6 out of 17 times on 3rd down. Sorry, if you don't vent something is wrong.

If have your back began11 and feel your pain.

I am officially disgusted with Brewsterball at this point. Where is the improvement that I expected well into year three? I expect to see Brewster put a competitive team out there and better results from all the ballyhooed talent he has brought to Minnesota and the glut of veterans.

So we vent and then show up once again on Saturday hoping for better results. Bring on the beer!

Let's face it...this is an online message board populated by a bunch of guys who have no real connection to the program yet desperately want to feel as though they are an integral part of the team's success.

Thus, people bitch because they cling to the hope that they can actually play a role in what the team does and this is the only outlet for their thoughts.

Who cares if people bitch? Who cares if people gloat? None of this stuff matters anyway. It is purely for entertainment. I, for one, love the message boards after a loss. It is great watching growing men acting like the world is ending because the football team of a school they may or may not have attended lost.

Goosfraba. We were 17.5 dogs. I knew at the beginning of the year that this week and next were almost guaranteed losses. Why get all worked-up about this? I'm also a season ticket holder. We only beat PSU in Happy Valley as a major upset. Look at their recruits this year, - all 4 stars. They get almost all 4 stars with the occassional 5 star. They can get every good player on the northesastern seaboard (D.C and Maryland, up to New Jersey, Delaware, NY and Conn.- not to mention PA). We will remain a .500 team until year 5 of Brewster when we begin to go 5-3 and 6-2 each year in the BigTen. Remember, we started 1-11 (0 for the BigTen), with very little speed and size, and no depth just two seasons ago (less than two years).

Why would someone be so dense as to come onto an online message board about sports and expect anything else?

Really? Like it or not, get a clue.

Gopherfield...

Amen brother...PSU has a lock on the NE pipeline re 4+ talent and the U/Brew & Co/GGs are simply playing catch-up to them plus tOSU, UM, UW, UI, MSU pipelines etc after being asleep at the switch for decades. Unlike Tubby/BBall where 2/3 new key players can work wonders, it will take more than a few years to restore a neglected, under-manned ship to battle readiness for the turbulent seas of the BT "upper tier" IMHO.

im cool with whatever...i just dont like caps lock

Venting!

I am a huge Gopher fan and I guess I am also sick of the negativity and bitching but I think we can all agree that we are FRUSTRATED! Brewster has brought excitement and a new enthusiasm for Gopher football! He can recruit and sell the program and when they fail and don't live up to expectations it is hard! I guess we have to realize that there will growing pains and ups and downs. However, I am sick and tired of taking *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# from Badger and Hawkeye fans. The day is coming for Gopher football to rise again and I will be there to see it. Sorry for being negative guys but that loss was tough!

I am a huge Gopher fan and I guess I am also sick of the negativity and bitching but I think we can all agree that we are FRUSTRATED! Brewster has brought excitement and a new enthusiasm for Gopher football! He can recruit and sell the program and when they fail and don't live up to expectations it is hard! I guess we have to realize that there will growing pains and ups and downs. However, I am sick and tired of taking *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# from Badger and Hawkeye fans. The day is coming for Gopher football to rise again and I will be there to see it. Sorry for being negative guys but that loss was tough!

The funny thing is didn't you pick the Gophs to lose this game by 21?

I guess if you are content with mediocrity than you should not complain. But a message board provides an outlet for fans to let other fans know what is on their minds. The Gophs returned more starters than any other team in the conference and they should at least compete with everyone on their schedule. I did not expect them to beat PSU however, I did not expect the offense to look completely overwhelmed. The common denominator is the O-line and QB play and the additions of Willis and Carufel and continued growth of Weber were expected in order for the team to improve.

I guess if you are content with mediocrity than you should not complain. But a message board provides an outlet for fans to let other fans know what is on their minds. The Gophs returned more starters than any other team in the conference and they should at least compete with everyone on their schedule. I did not expect them to beat PSU however, I did not expect the offense to look completely overwhelmed. The common denominator is the O-line and QB play and the additions of Willis and Carufel and continued growth of Weber were expected in order for the team to improve.

Spoken like a true Minnesotan. Why try and do anything constructive when you can sit back and bitch?

How about before someone hits "Submit Reply", they email what they were going to post to you and then you can let them know if it's appropriate or not.

Why would someone be so dense as to come onto an online message board about sports and expect anything else?

Really? Like it or not, get a clue.

+1 :clap:

I for one am shocked that the message board is not filled with positive comments, unicorns, rainbows, and sunshine. Most internet message boards don't include any complaining or venting. :rolleyes:

If everyone ignored the posts they thought were stupid, all the threads would be 2 comments long and there would be nothing to read on here.

Spoken like a true Minnesotan. Why try and do anything constructive when you can sit back and bitch?

How exactly would this proud venue become constructive? Are we going to mail in some collective thoughts over to the Bierman every Tuesday?! Just what exactly could be 'constructed' from NOT verbalizing dismay over an awful Gopher showing?

For *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#'s sake man take a step back from the Jug!
e9u0t1.jpg

Let's face it...this is an online message board populated by a bunch of guys who have no real connection to the program yet desperately want to feel as though they are an integral part of the team's success.
What is most awesome about this post is I actually thought you were heading toward the anti-Koolaid and thus I turn it back at you; isn't rolling one's eyes at all critisim and crying for constructive comments a way for many on this board to feel included with this program and defend it as though they were themselves facing derisive feedback?

No offense, but this thread is pretty useless. Why wouldn't you expect people to come here to vent after losses and celebrate after wins. Sure some people make themselves look like idiots. Either learn to find this venting amusing, or avioid this site for 24 hours after losses. Asking people not to bitch when the team not only loses a game they were supposed to lose, but frankly embarrases themselves in the process is silly.

Top Bottom