Why am I not excited...help!

Reaction score
I am normally very excited on a Wednesday night before a Saturday home game. I start to make plans for the tailgate, etc.... But not this week. Why? Is it because of last week's horrible loss? Is it because beating South Dakota St. is expected and there is only downside?

TCF Bank stadium
Outdoor football
The Gophers
Beer
Doughnuts
Beer, oooo beer

Alright, let's kick some jackbunny as*!

It's an addiction. I love college football. I would rather have have had us beaten Illinois and be playing the Iowa at home but it is what it is. Still looking forward to outdoor football on campus. Can't wait till Saturday. Go Gophers!

I know it's tough, but this is an 11th ranked team coming into TCF on Saturday...and its a must win for us. We need to get it pumped up one last time...dig deep, be loud and crazy just like its Michigan coming into town...

Hopefully the players will too.

Forecast is partly cloudy and a high near 50... in mid-November. Get outside, enjoy the day, and cheer your lungs out. It's senior day... even if you're not overly jazzed about the match-up, show some thanks to the kids who've worked hard for 4 years.

My $.02

...and at least it's not a Timberwolves game.

Last time we get to do this until next Sept!!! Let's enjoy it, let's start a home winning streak before next year and the Trojans come a callin'...

also, any bowl is better than no bowl right? I'd say this is a pretty important game..

It's hard to believe it's the last home game. September 12th seems like not that long ago. This was my first year with season tickets and I love every bit of it.

Thanks I needed that!

Okay, I am ready now. I am taking a friend who is a huge college football fan, it will be his first time in TCF Bank Stadium. He just called me and is completely fired up to go on Saturday.

There seems to be little interest out there in general. I can not make it, and getting little response to ads on the ticket exchange on this site or on Craigslist. I'm offering decent seats for $35/each currently.

I guess this must also mean there are not many South Dakota residents making the trip either, which is surprising. I guess NDSU must travel better.

There seems to be little interest out there in general. I can not make it, and getting little response to ads on the ticket exchange on this site or on Craigslist. I'm offering decent seats for $35/each currently.

I guess this must also mean there are not many South Dakota residents making the trip either, which is surprising. I guess NDSU must travel better.

Hard to compare the visiting fan attendance from NDSU '07 and SDSU '09. But, I think there's no question NDSU travels very well in the region. SDSU fan interest is growing rapidly but it's pretty easy for some to stay home and catch it on the radio if they didn't have a ticket locked in a few weeks ago (SDSU's flagship radio station, WNAX, reaches five states--I can listen to SDSU games in the Twin Cities). I suppose another factor is the stadium and availability of seats: NDSU played the Gophers in the Dome when there was no concern about a sellout -- it was an easy decision to drive in for the game even if a person didn't have a ticket in the pocket. It's my guess that some SDSU fans who weren't able to lock in tickets a few weeks ago may have made other plans rather than risk driving in without a ticket in their pocket.

I think a conservative, pre-game guess for SDSU fans in TCF is about 6,000. We have some Minnesota residents on the roster and it's hard to determine how many local people will have a connection with an SDSU player.

SDSU's home attendance averaged about 13,300 this year. Our lowest attendance was surprisingly the best opponent (Southern Illinnois) last weekend, one of the nicest days of the fall for outdoor football. Prior to that game, we average just a touch over 14,000 per game.

Think of Saturday...

as a very good opponent in its class...not a bye...but the win that makes us bowl eligible. This is important.

As others have mentioned...we're outside...we can tailgate...have the chance to be loud (at least individually)...and enjoy the game.

Even more important...beat the Jacks and then on to IC. Who knows...maybe 7-5 is not out of the question.

We need The 12th Man THIS GAME more than any other. Imagine that...but it's the truth.

Go Gophers! Beat the Jackrabbits and on to Iowa City!

Top Bottom