Who's worst?

book

Reaction score
Vikings, Twins or G. football? Most dissapointing has got to be 1st half Vikings.

Does it matter? The White House needs to put the entire Twin Cities region on suicide alert.

The past 10 years, Boston is to Titletown as the Twin Cities is to Loserville.

Oh, why must I have so much pride??

Must be-

The drinking water or maybe pickled herring, it has to be something like this!

I hope this changes, but for now Leslie Frazier looks like the new Glen Mason when it comes to playing with a lead.

Vikings, Twins or G. football? Most dissapointing has got to be 1st half Vikings.

I'd say Twins. They were supposed to be playoff good and they are the 2nd worst team in MLB.

Vikings looked like a 4 win team and may have a hard time getting 2. Hopefully that means Andrew Luck.

Gophers looked like a 2 win team, and that appears out of reach now.

So while all 3 are underperforming, the Twins did the most.

None are that fun to watch right now. I am watching the Lynx however who are quite good. Ladies Volleyball is also a top team again this year although they weren't supposed to be...

I'd say Twins. They were supposed to be playoff good and they are the 2nd worst team in MLB.

Vikings looked like a 4 win team and may have a hard time getting 2. Hopefully that means Andrew Luck.

Gophers looked like a 2 win team, and that appears out of reach now.

So while all 3 are underperforming, the Twins did the most.

None are that fun to watch right now. I am watching the Lynx however who are quite good. Ladies Volleyball is also a top team again this year although they weren't supposed to be...

It's clear that the ladies of Minnesota have bigger balls and more backbone than the males of Minnesota. And that's not a knock on them ladies.

Why do all the sports teams I like break my heart?

I'm loving the way the Vikings are playing in the 2nd half of games this year. If they keep it up maybe that stadium will never make it through legislation.

I'm loving the way the Vikings are playing in the 2nd half of games this year. If they keep it up maybe that stadium will never make it through legislation.

Why? Why are people so intent on the Vikings being gone? Is it not possible for you to think that both the Gophers and the Vikings can succeed here? Maybe some Vikings fans would care about the Gophers if the Gophers gave them a reason to. Most hardcore Vikings fans only became that way in 98.

Why? Why are people so intent on the Vikings being gone? Is it not possible for you to think that both the Gophers and the Vikings can succeed here? Maybe some Vikings fans would care about the Gophers if the Gophers gave them a reason to. Most hardcore Vikings fans only became that way in 98.

Exactly. And it's not a bad thing to gain a huge group of hardcore fans by initially having them come from bandwagon fans. The Gophers need a few '98s, and you'll see the EXACT same thing happen with us.

For me I became a Gopher football fan because I'm a Gopher basketball fan. If there can be any sort of interest drummed up for a U sports team, that will help the football team.

Some Gopher fans have the mistaken belief that, if the Vikings were out of the picture, a hundred thousand Minnesotan's would line up to buy scalped tickets for a 2-10 Gopher squad. What really would happen is the state would have even less football fans and our stadium would still be half empty. By all means though, believe what you will.

Some Gopher fans have the mistaken belief that, if the Vikings were out of the picture, a hundred thousand Minnesotan's would line up to buy scalped tickets for a 2-10 Gopher squad. What really would happen is the state would have even less football fans and our stadium would still be half empty. By all means though, believe what you will.

Some Gopher fans have the mistaken belief that the presence of an NFL team has no effect on the college team playing in the same media market. They think that all the Gophers have to do is win games. Not only do they ignore the fact that the presence of the NFL team hurts the Gophers ability to win more games, but when the Gophers actually have winning teams they ignore the fact that there has been very little change in attendance. Moreover they ignore scenarios like 10/18/2003, when a one-loss Gopher team who controlled its own destiny in the big ten and rose bowl race drew 35,000 fans for a home game against michigan state.

I would maybe worry about any impact the Vikings had on the Gophers if the athletic department wasn't so intent on shooting itself in the foot.

Even then not very much.

So the Vikings playing in Minnesota makes the Gophers not win games? This is what I am getting from your posts. It makes no sense to me.

Some Gopher fans have the mistaken belief that the presence of an NFL team has no effect on the college team playing in the same media market. They think that all the Gophers have to do is win games. Not only do they ignore the fact that the presence of the NFL team hurts the Gophers ability to win more games, but when the Gophers actually have winning teams they ignore the fact that there has been very little change in attendance. Moreover they ignore scenarios like 10/18/2003, when a one-loss Gopher team who controlled its own destiny in the big ten and rose bowl race drew 35,000 fans for a home game against michigan state.

I don't think most hardcore Vikings fans will all of a sudden become big Gophers fans if they left.

I don't think most hardcore Vikings fans will all of a sudden become big Gophers fans if they left.

Agreed. It would take some time, and many of them wouldn't ever convert anyway.

I'm also not under the impression that the only thing holding the Gophers back is the Vikings, or that there is no way the Gophers can go to the Rose Bowl if the Vikings are in town.

Even if the impact is small, I'm all for any change that helps the Gophers, even in a small way. If some people are fans of the Vikings and want them to stay even though it negatively impacts the Gophers, fine - it's their right to think whatever they want. They can call me selfish (as some have done), but in reality I'm making the same decision they are - only I am on the other side of the spectrum.

The real error is to dismiss the presence of the Vikings when talking about the long list of reasons why the Gophers aren't successful.

Some Gopher fans have the mistaken belief that the presence of an NFL team has no effect on the college team playing in the same media market. They think that all the Gophers have to do is win games. Not only do they ignore the fact that the presence of the NFL team hurts the Gophers ability to win more games

I stopped reading right there.

I got to say, you are as solid a poster I've seen here.. but man. You just took your credibility and chucked it 10 yards past your WR into the safety's hands with this post.

Formo, I feel for you. The one non-Minnesota team in your signature is the lowly Cubs. You really are a glutton for punishment!

u guys are rediculous.. how many times has this website had this conversation?

Formo, I feel for you. The one non-Minnesota team in your signature is the lowly Cubs. You really are a glutton for punishment!

It's a miracle that I haven't offed myself. lol

The Gophers just lost to NDSU and New Mexico State, the Badgers are looking like they have a shot at the national championship game. The Vikings are 0-3, the Packers are 3-0 and the defending Super Bowl champs. The Twins season crashed and burned, the Brewers just clinched their division.

Life sucks right now.

I'm just praying for a magical season from Tubby's BBall team.

Wisconsin has yet to play a legitimate opponent. I'd slow down a bit on championship talk just yet.

And I don't see them beating Bama.

I can already feel it coming, it's getting close to Tubby Time!

The Gophers just lost to NDSU and New Mexico State, the Badgers are looking like they have a shot at the national championship game. The Vikings are 0-3, the Packers are 3-0 and the defending Super Bowl champs. The Twins season crashed and burned, the Brewers just clinched their division.

Life sucks right now.

I'm just praying for a magical season from Tubby's BBall team.

you really base the happiness of your life on how the state of wisconsin is doing in comparison to the state of minnesota in sports at random points in the long history of time? ummmm....okay.

Wisconsin has yet to play a legitimate opponent. I'd slow down a bit on championship talk just yet.

And I don't see them beating Bama.

Or OU.

Top Bottom