Who's next?

#93fanclub

Reaction score
Zook is benching Juice Williams......does this give anyone any ideas?

Play Mar-quies :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Play Mar-quies :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yeah, because that's what we want. To completely implode like Illinois.

Also, Eddie McGee is a much different option for the Illini than what the Gophers have. If Marqueis was the Illini backup QB, Juice would be starting on Saturday. I do want to see more of Gray in the lineup but putting him in full time is not the answer right now.

And you can't tell me Weber is a worse QB than Ricky Stanzi. That guy has done virtually nothing the entire year except try to lose games by throwing horrible interceptions. His best game so far came on Saturday against ARKANSAS ST!!!!!! And he still threw a costly pick 6!

Juice Williams has been subpar this year. We've seen what good defenses do to Darryl Clark. Everyone knows Terrell Pryor's throwing ability is limited at best, and he's made terrible throws this year too. These are all QBs with similar experience levels as Weber.

The point is that Weber is not the main reason the Gophers are 3-2. If we had Peyton Manning, could we be 5-0??? Probably, but we all know Weber is a far cry from Manning - but obviously so is Gray.

Why does Weber throw into tight coverage and scramble around holding on to the ball too long trying to make a play??? He has to. The defense and O-line is not good enough for him to throw the ball away, punt and be able to win games. He knows it. Brew knows it. That's why we're not seeing Gray in there full time.

Agreed

I want to see more of Gray, but not exclusively. I think putting Gray in with this line could kill his confidence and may lead to him develeping bad habits.

Right now Weber gives us the best chance of winning versus Purdue and that is more important than giving a freshman some experience facing live bullets. That being said I may change my mind after these next three games.

I agree Weber should start and continue to lead the team. One thing I think Adam needs to do is take off and run for the first down when he has 10-15 yards of open field in front of him and only 5 yards to go to make a first down. He has had many opportunities to get easy first downs without throwing incomplete passes and he refuses to run for them. Maybe he has been instructed not to run but the offense needs to make the easy first downs to give the defense a rest. Grey needs to get on the field more or this will be a complete waste of a year for him if he only get to get in for 2-3 plays a game. JMHO

I agree Weber should start and continue to lead the team. One thing I think Adam needs to do is take off and run for the first down when he has 10-15 yards of open field in front of him and only 5 yards to go to make a first down. He has had many opportunities to get easy first downs without throwing incomplete passes and he refuses to run for them. Maybe he has been instructed not to run but the offense needs to make the easy first downs to give the defense a rest. Grey needs to get on the field more or this will be a complete waste of a year for him if he only get to get in for 2-3 plays a game. JMHO

How many posters here have ever played QB in college or even HS? It is a very complex position particularly at the BCS level. Marquis Gray is a superior athlete who hasn't played much football the last two years. Too many people think he can walk in because he is a great athlete and be a winning QB. Doesn't anyone think the coaches who are experienced professionals know what they are doing?

The couch potatoe, PBR drinking, touch football playing "expert" fan reduces the quality of any discussion on these boards. We all want to win...oh and so do the coaches. They know Weber gives them the best chance. I would argue that most Big Ten coaches would not have had Gray see the field as much as Brew and Fisch have allowed. Reading defenses, making the right calls at the LOS and making good decisions with the ball are probably more important than speed and arm strength. If anything Weber is trying to do too much and he has made some bad decisions as a result. But, opposing coaches would love to see Minnesota do what most posters are calling for-play Gray more!

This is a tiring argument.

Sad part is this will likely continue unitl the end of 2010. Weber will start as long as he is at the university. There is no way Brew benches a senior 4 year starter for a sophomore.

Top Bottom