who's got your support on football issue? claeys or kaler/coyle?

• i support coach claeys on this issue

Votes: 93 89.4%
  • i support the kaler/coyle combo on this issue

Votes: 11 10.6%

• Total voters

Go4

Reaction score

The alleged sexual assault, restraining orders, and taking the 5th by the alleged victim, along with the boycott, tweets and all other fallout is a complicated issue with no real black or white answer. Yet, it seems that there is a continued desire to draw lines and make it a black or white issue.

Mistakes all around......

Clayes... He did a masterful job last night. The kids screwed up, not him. He can't be everywhere, at all times. He's a football coach, not an ethics professor.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Claeys didn't see the forest through the trees. Great person, but a little naive. He's learning on the job. He needs to learn to be more authoritative. I think the right thing is to give him another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claeys didn't see the forest through the trees. Great person, but a little naive. He's learning on the job. He needs to learn to be more authoritative. I think the right thing is to give him another year.

He knew exactly what he was doing, so no, not naive. Frankly, he looks the best out of the three.

I think the thing he is responsible for is the involvement of the recruit. I'm not sure how those visits work. Is one player charged with "hosting" the recruit? Isn't it usually a player or players who play the same position who are responsible?

I'm certainly not with Kaler or Coyle. Both should have been removed weeks ago.

The alleged sexual assault, restraining orders, and taking the 5th by the alleged victim, along with the boycott, tweets and all other fallout is a complicated issue with no real black or white answer. Yet, it seems that there is a continued desire to draw lines and make it a black or white issue.

Agreed.

TC! He is the only one of the 3 that has kept his credibility throughout. May cost him his job, but he can walk away with his head held high for how he handled himself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish that those who felt Kaler and Coyles were the better of the three would explain why. I personally don't get it at all.

I wish that those who felt Kaler and Coyles were the better of the three would explain why. I personally don't get it at all.

Those who voted that way are voting against rape. Plain and simple. Obviously no ones advocating rape but that's how they see the lines drawn.

I think Claeys gives a lot of freedom and responsibility to the players, which can be empowering. But I also think he is a little naive to the position and responsibility he has. He is obviously an intelligent guy and a very talented football coach. But I think people are putting too much stock in this Holiday Bowl win. It was an awesome accomplishment, but it was one game, and a bowl game at that. Taking nothing away, but it was a win against a non top 25 team in a bowl game.

The fact of the matter is they beat 2 power 5 teams with a winning record and one was 7-6 and the other 8-5. How much is Tracy Claeys living off of what Jerry Kill built and Jerry Kill's recruits? What happens next year and the year after? How many top notch recruits does he have this year? What if the suspensions stand (hopefully the year long ones are reduced to 6 months)? But what if they aren't? The expectations for this year were higher. What motivated a guy who rarely ever tweets to send the tweet Tracy did? At his age shouldn't he have more wisdom? His tweet shocked me.

What about the lack of enthusiasm and support for the program? We just played in the 2nd best bowl game in 50 years and had very little fan support in relation to that fact.

How do I support Coyle over Claeys? Because Coyle wasn't tone deaf to the occurrences in the 82 page University report. Coyle didn't send out a tweet being proud of the team wanting to re-instate all 10 players and saying they were making the world a better place by doing so.

Coyle deserves criticism, but I don't understand how people can not criticize Claeys and even praise him for his awful handling of the situation. At least Coyle didn't abdicate power to a bunch of 18-22 year olds. At least the 2 BOR's didn't do that.

You can criticize Coyle for his lack of public leadership, and Kaler for being pompous, arrogant, and out of touch, but to praise Claeys is ridiculous.

Not that anyone at Minnesota cares, but if Claeys is fired before next season consider my season tickets dropped!

Good to see you back Kelly. I agree with everything you say here. My vote is "all of the above" and "none of the above."

PS--Not to make light of a serious situation, but do you have any idea what Kyle Kessel thinks about this?

I think Claeys gives a lot of freedom and responsibility to the players, which can be empowering. But I also think he is a little naive to the position and responsibility he has. He is obviously an intelligent guy and a very talented football coach. But I think people are putting too much stock in this Holiday Bowl win. It was an awesome accomplishment, but it was one game, and a bowl game at that. Taking nothing away, but it was a win against a non top 25 team in a bowl game.

The fact of the matter is they beat 2 power 5 teams with a winning record and one was 7-6 and the other 8-5. How much is Tracy Claeys living off of what Jerry Kill built and Jerry Kill's recruits? What happens next year and the year after? How many top notch recruits does he have this year? What if the suspensions stand (hopefully the year long ones are reduced to 6 months)? But what if they aren't? The expectations for this year were higher. What motivated a guy who rarely ever tweets to send the tweet Tracy did? At his age shouldn't he have more wisdom? His tweet shocked me.

What about the lack of enthusiasm and support for the program? We just played in the 2nd best bowl game in 50 years and had very little fan support in relation to that fact.

How do I support Coyle over Claeys? Because Coyle wasn't tone deaf to the occurrences in the 82 page University report. Coyle didn't send out a tweet being proud of the team wanting to re-instate all 10 players and saying they were making the world a better place by doing so.

Coyle deserves criticism, but I don't understand how people can not criticize Claeys and even praise him for his awful handling of the situation. At least Coyle didn't abdicate power to a bunch of 18-22 year olds. At least the 2 BOR's didn't do that.

You can criticize Coyle for his lack of public leadership, and Kaler for being pompous, arrogant, and out of touch, but to praise Claeys is ridiculous.

Probably the same amount that Jerry was living off of Claeys defense his last couple of years coaching.

It's amazing how intentionally obtuse some people are.....

Why does it have to be divided Claeys or Coyle/Kaler? You can't appreciate the side that all parties are on? Also, you have to keep Coyle with Kaler without separating them. This poll is extremely flawed.

Coyle is kind of a non-issue for me. I don't know what he really could have done.

Kaler - - I don't see how anyone, on either side, could come out of this thinking he did a good job. Regardless of what happened, he butchered this thing.

Claeys - - Blasting him just fits the narrative. It isn't based in reality, but that doesn't matter for the people who want the narrative to be reality. He was supporting his players, players who were making huge sacrifices for their teammates who were fighting for a fair trial. This is a guy who has been cooperative from the very beginning.

Why does it have to be divided Claeys or Coyle/Kaler? You can't appreciate the side that all parties are on? Also, you have to keep Coyle with Kaler without separating them. This poll is extremely flawed.

You can always start your own.

Never thought I'd see the day when Leeks is the voice of reason. People who think Coyle and/or Kaler should lose their job over this are crazy. I also don't think Claeys should be fired. I didn't vote it the poll, because like Leeks said, it's not black & white/either or. Sure, this whole mess could have been handled better by all involved. But it also could have been handled a HECK of a lot worse. I thought over time calmer heads would prevail on GH, but apparently not based on these threads. GH can poison your brain.

Binary thinking is easier, it also supports the long running narrative that the administration is anti football.

Then don't vote in it... We probably don't care what u think anyway..

Here is my take and I am sure I will get flamed. I think Tracy Claeys and the staff did a great job in the bowl game and in general I was satisfied with the season even though it could have been better with better QB, Oline, and receiver play.
The incident wasn't Tracy's fault, but the disaster it turned into is inexcusable. None of us know how it went down, but if Coyle left the decision up to Claeys whether to dismiss the players back in September that shows poor leadership on his part. That was the first mistake.
If Coyle sat Claeys down when the report came out and said this is bad, I can't tell you what's in it but I need you to support our decision to suspend 10 players, and Claeys did not support that decision and let it fester, then Claeys needs to go. If I was Coyle, I would be furious and would want to make a change.
I know that letting Claeys go will set this program way back, and it will be expensive, but you can't have your head coach not suppport the AD and President during a time of crisis like this.

Maybe get rid of all of them? If we start over, let's really start over.

Here is my take and I am sure I will get flamed. I think Tracy Claeys and the staff did a great job in the bowl game and in general I was satisfied with the season even though it could have been better with better QB, Oline, and receiver play.
The incident wasn't Tracy's fault, but the disaster it turned into is inexcusable. None of us know how it went down, but if Coyle left the decision up to Claeys whether to dismiss the players back in September that shows poor leadership on his part. That was the first mistake.
If Coyle sat Claeys down when the report came out and said this is bad, I can't tell you what's in it but I need you to support our decision to suspend 10 players, and Claeys did not support that decision and let it fester, then Claeys needs to go. If I was Coyle, I would be furious and would want to make a change.
I know that letting Claeys go will set this program way back, and it will be expensive, but you can't have your head coach not suppport the AD and President during a time of crisis like this.

If your AD and President are doing a terrible job of communicating and actively managing the situation, I'd fault TC or anyone else that did NOT act against their position. Though I do agree that what EK seems to want is a bunch of yes men around him that don't challenge his perspectives.

Top Bottom