Who's going to State College?

Kov25

Section 212 Row 35 Seats 1-5
Reaction score
Anyone heading to State College? We are flying out tomorrow morning. Any local bars that might host Gopher Fans Friday or Saturday night? Any sports bars that might carry Gopher/Sue Hockey via satellite (a longshot). Any insight would be appreciated. Go Gophers!

Something I was forwarded, this is from a Blue Band Alum.

It will be homecoming @ PSU as you know so the bars will be packed. I say go to the Rathskellar at the corner of college ave and pugh st. Friday afternoon. Many current and alumni Blue Banders show up there and drink and sing songs so I say get there around 2-3 pm with happy hour starting at 7 pm.

Stop by the Saloon (corner of college ave and heister st.) and get a monkey boy or 2 or 3 depending on how many you can drink. It's a pitcher drink that tastes good so if you have light weights tell them to slow down when drinking them. Happy Hour starts at 6 pm.

The Deli is right next to the Saloon and it has happy hour starting at 10 with half price everything if I remember correctly. I personally love this bar for it's a little more low key to get your drink on before hitting other places like the Gingerbread Man or Lion's Den or Cellblock which can be more hectic.

Lion's Den tend to have cheap rum & cokes and long islands I think $1 and their happy hour starts at 10 pm.

If you get to State College early this Friday have lunch at Cafe 210 west which is at 210 West College Ave. Many ppl sit out in front or on the back padio to drink and have lunch but get there early because seats go fast.

The Phyrst is our only Irish pub at Dear Old State and is underground which makes it crowded but good beer and lots of fun. It's at 111 East Beaver ave.

Zenos is a basement bar underneath Pickles at the corner of College ave and Allen st. It has at least 80 different beers served there and is in prime location to go to Pickles upstairs, Allen St. Grill above The Corner Room ( a restaurant), or Indigo (a dance club).

Many of the bars aren't too far from each other especially if you're used to walking around Minneapolis. I hope you guys have fun. Unfortunately I won't be attending. I live in Southern Georgia now and can't afford the trip with the other trips I have to make this fall (weddings). Have fun and let's have a good game. GO STATE!

A lot depends on what kind of crowd you're into. Most of those bars mentioned are more for the younger crowd.

There's a Damon's (chain sports bar/restaurant) a half mile from the stadium, and a nice sports bar called Champs (not the national chain Champps) outside of town.

There's an "upscale" sports bar called Pickles in town, as well as a place called the Sports Cafe (sports bar for the student crowd).

The Lion's Den hosts a happy hour by PSU's Scout.com's site, FightOnState. They have quite a few TVs. Those are always open to opposing fans:

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/903102.html

I won't be in State College until Saturday morning, so my College Ave. experience will come that night.

Rathskellar is a great time, as is The Saloon - two Monkey Boys will set you up for a good night. As for watching a game, there's a place on the edge of campus, I think on the corner of College and Atherton, called the Sports Cafe. Decent amount of TV's, and they have a dish so you might get lucky and catch the hockey game.

Im going!!! Leaving for penn state at 6am on saturday!!!!

Anyone heading to State College? We are flying out tomorrow morning. Any local bars that might host Gopher Fans Friday or Saturday night? Any sports bars that might carry Gopher/Sue Hockey via satellite (a longshot). Any insight would be appreciated. Go Gophers!

I'm driving out starting this afternoon...4 of us and we're meeting others out there, can't wait, this is our 2nd trip to Happy Valley.

Hey go4Rob; Glad you are carrying the torch for our tailgate group. Have a great time!
See you on Halloween. LC

BRING HOME THE BELL!

I was supposed to go, but I can't because I had to accompany my sick wife to see a doctor in South Dakota. I had a ticket and everything. If my wife can get better, then I won't complain.

Im going!!! Leaving for penn state at 6am on saturday!!!!

Since I know you are on the younger side, may I ask how you are getting out there?? That's pretty die hard knowing you. Have fun.

I'll be there with some of my PSU friends. Looking forward to it. 2005 was a long time ago.

I was supposed to go, but I can't because I had to accompany my sick wife to see a doctor in South Dakota. I had a ticket and everything. If my wife can get better, then I won't complain.

Hang in there sconnie and I hope your wife is on the mend.

I'm driving up tonight if the weather is not horrible.

Top Bottom