Who will be the next coach at Notre Dame?

husker70

Reaction score
Charlie Weis is a dead man walking. He staying in LA on a recruiting visit. That's rich. And those who focus on the "buy out" amount are missing the point. The Subway Alumni in Chicago can pony up any amount you want even in this economy. But who would they choose to replace him? Wiess in in that Faust, Davies, Willingham mould. Notre Dame is looking for the next Lou Holtz, Ara, or even Dan Devine. Who is that guy? Who would want this gig? I think you must have head coaching background, some success, not necessarily a Championship. Maybe some connection to Notre Dame.

Here are a couple guys who might get a call from a member of the Boosters.

Barry Alverez
Bill Cowher

DickRod

Charlie Weis is a dead man walking. He staying in LA on a recruiting visit. That's rich. And those who focus on the "buy out" amount are missing the point. The Subway Alumni in Chicago can pony up any amount you want even in this economy. But who would they choose to replace him? Wiess in in that Faust, Davies, Willingham mould. Notre Dame is looking for the next Lou Holtz, Ara, or even Dan Devine. Who is that guy? Who would want this gig? I think you must have head coaching background, some success, not necessarily a Championship. Maybe some connection to Notre Dame.

Here are a couple guys who might get a call from a member of the Boosters.

Barry Alverez
Bill Cowher

:D :D :D

next coach

Alverez and Cowher are natural picks maybe but.......I think a real crazy choice will be it. Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carrol, Mike Shanihan.

Carroll?

Alverez and Cowher are natural picks maybe but.......I think a real crazy choice will be it. Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carrol, Mike Shanihan.

Why on earth would Pete Carroll leave USC for Notre Dame. They wouldn't be able to pay him more, Notre Dame is a good school to recruit to but USC is a better school to recruit to, Southern Cal weather vs. Midwest weather, and without a pro team in LA USC is as big as it gets.

I don't see Shanahan leaving the NFL for the college ranks because he hasn't recruited in probably close to 30 years.

Jimmy Johnson seems like the most reasonable option you mentioned.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see a team, not necessarily Notre Dame, make a run at the Boise State coach.

They surely won't hire a pro guy again. I hope they get turned down by their first 6 choices. Maybe George Oleary had fulfilled that degree at Harvard?

First guy they should call is Mike Belotti, he'll say no because of the "Nike" money though.

Brewster

What about Brewster? He engineered one of the greatest turnarounds in college football history. Why not do it again at Notre Dame? His recruiting background should have them drooling of waking the echoes.

Memo to Joel Maturi....Extend Coach Brewster now before we lose another Hall of Fame coach to the Fighting Irish. Give him whatever he wants!!

Here's the coach they should go after.....

Jim Grobe. No coach has done more with less. He's had success in the Midwest, he's had success on the east coast, he's got savvy, experience, and could take the pressure in South Bend.
Give Grobe the job to right the ship. He'll make all those top 100 recruits actually look like top 100 recruits!

The luster to the Notre Dame job is gone.

Brian Kelly, he's the new darling and the Kelly name is as Irish as they come.
Ferentz should cash in on the next big offer he gets because he's nobody is going to keep getting it done in Iowa City over a long period of time. He deserves a big payday.

What about Brewster? He engineered one of the greatest turnarounds in college football history. Why not do it again at Notre Dame? His recruiting background should have them drooling of waking the echoes.

Memo to Joel Maturi....Extend Coach Brewster now before we lose another Hall of Fame coach to the Fighting Irish. Give him whatever he wants!!

Hall of Fame coach, lets not make the bronze bust of Brewster yet. He can recruit, as can Charlie Weis but that is only part of it as Weis is learning. You have to be able to game day coach and develop players abilities and Brewster has definitely not shown that yet. You might want to wait for him to finish better than the middle of weak big ten conference before punching his ticket to the hall of fame.

I think you missed his point. At least I hope he was joking.

Mason's problem is that his ego is too big to accept the type of position that he'd get at this point. I have doubts if he'd even get a sniff at Indiana or Northwestern. He might be a mid-major guy or a real bottom feeder in a major conference.

Art is never serious. If he is, he's offering his negative opinions.

I know it's not going to happen, but it would actually be a great fit for Mason. He wouldn't have to work too hard at recruiting as he gets intant cred with the ND name, it's in his recruiting hot bed. It's almost perfect for him.

is Notre Dame a better job than Boise State at this point?

I think ND better look long and hard about joining a good conference. Their advantage at national exposure is over.

Who would want the job at Notre Dame?

I really hope they lose their TV deal soon and recruits stop listening to their crap.

Ferentz should cash in on the next big offer he gets because he's nobody is going to keep getting it done in Iowa City over a long period of time. He deserves a big payday.

Huh? Ferentz has already cashed in with Iowa. Only six coaches in the country made more money that he did last year. Only ONE made more money than he did the year before that. He's got a big-time contract there.

ND is a joke

"
"I think ND better look long and hard about joining a good conference. Their advantage at national exposure is over." You are correct.

Top Bottom