who runs this board?

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
in the last three to four years that i have been reading gh i have only really noticed gopherlady as having any sort of authority, but whether she runs things or not is beyond me.

is gh a non profit?

if so, would it be possible to see some kind of financial statement? can i get the names and occupations of those people handling the money?

with the faceless nature of message boards i would feel much more comfortable donating (whether that be monetarily or some other way) if i knew who was in charge and where the money was going.

i would also be interested in knowing who the moderators are, not their identities but what their main posting monikers are. as the moderating often seems heavy handed, arbitrary and over fastidious.

i don't mind if people want to stay anonymous on a message board, but i think it could foster a more civil environment and possibly even spur donations if we knew a tad bit more about what goes on behind the scenes.

i would also be interested in knowing who the moderators are, not their identities but what their main posting monikers are. as the moderating often seems heavy handed, arbitrary and over fastidious.
Are you kidding? This is the least-regulated board I've ever been on.

Other than GopherHole Staff and GopherLady, are there any mods? Lol.

Other than GopherHole Staff and GopherLady, are there any mods? Lol.

Isn't GopherWarrior some sort of writer/mod? What about Chris Monter? He's a writer, but does he have any authority?

Isn't GopherWarrior some sort of writer/mod? What about Chris Monter? He's a writer, but does he have any authority?
GW, SelectionSunday(I think) and BleedGopher all write and have some ties to the site. I have no idea if they are mods though.

None of it matters to me. I just like the site, and I donate a little to it.

GW, SelectionSunday(I think) and BleedGopher all write and have some ties to the site. I have no idea if they are mods though.

Not that it matters, but I remember reading that GH allowed SelectionSunday to write Hoops articles, but that he wasn't affiliated with the site? I also remember reading that Bleed's just a news junkie, and not a mod.

Dpo is the main admin

;)

Not that it matters, but I remember reading that GH allowed SelectionSunday to write Hoops articles, but that he wasn't affiliated with the site? I also remember reading that Bleed's just a news junkie, and not a mod.
All I'm saying is all of them had written, I just had no idea if they were mods. You've been here a lot longer than me.

Edit - my question got answered in a different thread. Bigtenchamps - see the gopher hole donation thread - Gopherhole is for profit but they explain what they use the money for.

Are you kidding? This is the least-regulated board I've ever been on.

that may be true, but i am not saying that it is overly moderated, just moderated oddly. i don't mean that as an insult. i am under the impression that there are a handful of moderators, but there very well might only be one or two. on a site like this that might be a little light, which could conceivably lead to irregularities in moderation.

i have had posts deleted, which is no problem if what was being deleted was offensive or something, but -- in one instance -- i was just calling someone else out for what i thought was a bad take. maybe it was because i had quoted that person and it got caught in the collateral, but it just didn't seem to me to rise to the level of needing to be deleted.:confused:

that's the thing about phantom moderators is that if you are not on the boards 24 hours a day, things can come and go without a lot of people knowing and the rest of us scratching our heads.

also, and i know that trolls can be bothersome, but i am of the opinion that sometimes the banhammer can be dropped a little quickly around here. that's just an opinion of course because i'm usually not bothered by trolling (usually) and i do not read this site as much as some.

i know that some people are also more bothered than i by thread topics that are repeated over and over again, but this new habit that the phantom moderators have of combining every post that has anything to do with anything a former gopher has done in the nfl into one huge thread is (again, imo) cumbersome and unnecessary. i also think it can be intimidating for new posters who might be afraid to start a thread for fear of being ridiculed. i think 9 times out of 10, someone will have usually linked to another thread on that topic and the thread would die a natural death.

of course, this all comes down to taste and opinion, as obviously you see it differently. but every message board that i have ever posted on (not sure that i am happy to say that there have been a handful, maybe two handfulls of them) have had posters who would serve in dual roles as message board pontificators as well as doing the occasional pruning and tidying here and there. you could always tell who the moderators were.

Edit - my question got answered in a different thread. Bigtenchamps - see the gopher hole donation thread - Gopherhole is for profit but they explain what they use the money for.

word!

i had checked that thread but not for a while.

i hope this thread isn't seen as being overly critical. gh is a neat site and i always find myself drawn back here. thought it might get some other interesting thoughts.

Top Bottom