who is this year's Michael Carter?

killme

Reaction score
Change is difficult, for some more than others. I loved the Michael Carter story last year, about him not focusing on making an impact in a positive way, Coach Kill calling his cousin, Tyrone getting after him, and Carter becoming a stalwart for the Gopher D. Is there a similar story from this year's team? A player who has turned things around to make an impact? Perhaps a walk-on who has risen in the ranks to a key contributor?

James Manuel would be my vote. He's a senior who has seemed to flip a switch these past couple games and become an impact player.

I second James Manuel, he's had a nice season (and I wasn't expecting it). it.

A couple other guys I've been surprised by. . .
Mike Henry. . . he is a walkon (still?) and he really makes an impact when he's in the game.
Ben Lauer. . . one of the last guys to get a scholarship and as a FR he's had his moments. He hasn't been brilliant, but I didn't expect to see his name for a bit.

I would say Manuel first, Cobb a close second.

Forgot about Cobb, that's a great pick too.

Yeah, I almost did as well. The coaching staff has talked him up a lot for the last two seasons and we really haven't seen that translate to gamedays until this year. Hopefully he keeps up the good work because it seems like the lightbulb has came on for him! Great to see!

Manuel would be my pick as well. We have a few seniors on defense this year that will be hard to replace.

I thought about Manuel as well. Didn't think about Cobb, because he is a junior eligibility wise.

Agree on Manuel and Cobb. I would also add Peter Mortell. He quite clearly outpunted the NU punter last week and has been pretty solid all year.

Agree on Manuel and Cobb. I would also add Peter Mortell. He quite clearly outpunted the NU punter last week and has been pretty solid all year.

Oooo! Another good call on a player! Didn't even think of Mortell! He has been doing a great job! How quickly we can forgot how atrocious our punting was just a few years ago! Myself included!

I love the Cobb story. The running ability was always there, but he didn't see the field because he didn't do the dirty work (i.e. block, etc.). It has finally all come together - even Clayes has recently hinted that Cobb is finally getting what it takes to be a good RB, not just a good runner. Excited to have him another year.

Top Bottom