Who Gets the Majority (Most) ABs at DH next year for the Twins?

Who DHs in 2022?

• Sano

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Donaldson

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Garver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miranda

• Jeffers

• Cave - Howie's Crush

• Nelly - Return Gig

• Not currently on the Roster

• Rooker

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
As you cannot put a poll into an existing thread, I am starting a new one. So it's a simple, but confounding question as this point, I think and I'm curious is there is a consensus.

You get one vote only and can't change. Placing a vote won't cause you to turn into Rocco - I think.

You should change the title to Plurality. I think it will be the "day off" type DH.

A guy needs a day off in the field, but you still want the bat..

You should change the title to Plurality. I think it will be the "day off" type DH.

A guy needs a day off in the field, but you still want the bat..
  1. Plurality is a noun that, like majority, can mean more than half of the whole. However when it comes to voting, plurality refers to “the excess of votes received by the leading candidate, in an election in which there are three or more candidates, over those received by the next candidate.”. This means that someone who wins the plurality of votes received more than any of the other candidates but not necessarily the majority.

Plurality IMo is used to describe what the vote totals are and not what is being vote on, in this instance ABs.

I think it will be a rotation. Rocco loves to give guys days off and move people around.

so, I think DH will be a rotation. It all depends on what they do with certain positions. I could see Sano and Kirilloff splitting time at 1B, and both could get bats at DH.

another big issue will be 3B. If Donaldson keeps having leg problems, he might wind up grabbing more AB's at DH - potentially opening the way for Miranda to play a lot at 3B.

also, have to work out SS and 2B. if Polanco moves back to SS, that lets Arraez play 2B most days. If Polanco is at 2B, that leaves Arraez as the super-utility guy.

Rooker is probably more of a 'true' DH - just because he's a sub-par fielder. I could see him being the main DH against Left-handed pitching.

So, I could easily see 5-6 guys all getting AB's at DH next year.

I think it will be a rotation. Rocco loves to give guys days off and move people around.

so, I think DH will be a rotation. It all depends on what they do with certain positions. I could see Sano and Kirilloff splitting time at 1B, and both could get bats at DH.

another big issue will be 3B. If Donaldson keeps having leg problems, he might wind up grabbing more AB's at DH - potentially opening the way for Miranda to play a lot at 3B.

also, have to work out SS and 2B. if Polanco moves back to SS, that lets Arraez play 2B most days. If Polanco is at 2B, that leaves Arraez as the super-utility guy.

Rooker is probably more of a 'true' DH - just because he's a sub-par fielder. I could see him being the main DH against Left-handed pitching.

So, I could easily see 5-6 guys all getting AB's at DH next year.
I would really love to see what Arraez could accomplish as an every day player in the same position. Bell's final comment prior to passing was to bat him leadoff and basically leave him there - he takes so many pitches and has such a high contact rate, he seems ideal to me. Kepler than can bat second - he looks good in the second half and has a team friendly contract, is a good RF and adequate backup CF, Polanco 3rd, he is the best hitter the Twins have and I'd love to see him get to .300 and 25+ dongs for the season (amazing considering how much he suxed at the beginning, Buck 4th and Garver 5th as the primary DH. He can still hit and Jeffers is a better pitch framer and his caught stealing rate has skyrocketed since he came back from AAA.

Guys like to hit in the same spot, it's a psychological thing and that matters; otherwise there would be no sports psychologists/performance coaches.

Top Bottom