Who do you think PSU will hire to replace Joe PA ---some day

wait!what?

Reaction score
Travis Rodgers was all over Joe Pa being over the hill as head coach.
So, i began to turn current coaches that might replace JoePA and came up with Mark Richt. who else outside of Joe Pa's kid is the person to replace a legend?

Travis Rodgers was all over Joe Pa being over the hill as head coach.
So, i began to turn current coaches that might replace JoePA and came up with Mark Richt. who else outside of Joe Pa's kid is the person to replace a legend?

The kid is already the head coach. Unless things go completely south, he comtinues.

I don't know who it is, but that big dopey redhead is always in the mix when they show PSU's coaches. I'll go with him.

I don't know who it is, but that big dopey redhead is always in the mix when they show PSU's coaches. I'll go with him.

haha I've always wondered who that is, I don't even know if he's a position coach or a coordinator.

haha I've always wondered who that is, I don't even know if he's a position coach or a coordinator.
Just dug it up. His name's Mike McQueary. He was the starting QB at PSU in 1997, now he coaches their WRs. He's also their recruiting coordinator.

If I was them, I start with our "A" list:

1. Tony Dungy because he's won a Super Bowl, is a former Gopher, and has been back here oh, about 4 times since he played here.
2. Harbaugh (can never remember which one) because after being successful at Stanford, he would jump at the chance to return to the tundra due to our past success over the last 50 years. Plus, he could get back at his alma mater by whipping them each year.
3. The Pirate Guy because coaches who like pirates are perfect fits for a university like ours, even if they have been fired and no one else will touch him due to the circumstances.

If they can't get anyone off our "A" list, I would go to our back-up choice, Mike Hohensee, because obviously success in arena football signals the ideal man to head your collegiate program.

Jerry Kill's name will pop up because by then he will have taken the Gophers to the promised land. That would be great!

1. Tony Dungy because he's won a Super Bowl, is a former Gopher, and has been back here oh, about 4 times since he played here.
2. Harbaugh (can never remember which one) because after being successful at Stanford, he would jump at the chance to return to the tundra due to our past success over the last 50 years. Plus, he could get back at his alma mater by whipping them each year.
3. The Pirate Guy because coaches who like pirates are perfect fits for a university like ours, even if they have been fired and no one else will touch him due to the circumstances.

If they can't get anyone off our "A" list, I would go to our back-up choice, Mike Hohensee, because obviously success in arena football signals the ideal man to head your collegiate program.

This whole post is full of trying too hard. Sorry, buddy.

I guess they'd stay inside or someone with ties. Maybe Al Golden.

This whole post is full of trying too hard. Sorry, buddy.

Boy, that really hurts. I was just fondly remembering all of the speculation and dreaming as people were seriously championing totally unrealistic candidates. By the way, which ones of the four were on your wish list? Must be painful to be reminded of when you were in such a delusional state. At least you weren't as big an idiot as the guy who staked out the airport.

Boy, that really hurts. I was just fondly remembering all of the speculation and dreaming as people were seriously championing totally unrealistic candidates. By the way, which ones of the four were on your wish list? Must be painful to be reminded of when you were in such a delusional state. At least you weren't as big an idiot as the guy who staked out the airport.

What the hell are you talking about? Of the above candidates you mentioned, 0/4 were on my wish list. If you were paying any attention, you would've noticed that I had Golden as my sole candidate, and practically anyone else as equally desireable/undesireable.

Remind me again what any of this has to do with PSU's future coach?

The sad thing is that if a guy like Kevin Wilson has any real success at Indiana (think Pat Fitzgerald at NU), he probably would be willing to take a PSU-type job. Not saying PSU will go after him, but I don't see him being as loyal as Fitzgerald is at NU.

In the end, they will probably promote from within.

I heard through the grape vine that they are bringing the best TE coach to be their HC when Joepa retires. I dont want to give away the surprise but I believe his initials are T.B.

This could get interesting. I think it all depends upon on how it finishes up for Joepa. If he loses any steam, I imagine that they will be looking at Dan Mullen, Al Golden, possibly Dana Halgorsen (if he has success at WV), and maybe even Stoops. I could see the ordeal with Texas making it much harder for Stoops to compete for Nat'l Championships.

If things go well, they will promote from within.

I guess they'd stay inside or someone with ties. Maybe Al Golden.
I agree. Gary Schiano has some Penn St ties also, I'd think they'd consider him.

Golden, if he wins at Miami, and the next few years at PSU are no more successful than they have been recently.

Well done.:clap:

I was wondering why I had let myself click on this thread until I came across this. Of course, it may strike a little too close to home for some.:)

If they can wait until the end of the CFL season, Marc Trestman might be available.

Heck, they might want to look at Paul LaPolice the way things are going right now...

My honest prediction for the next Penn St coach is Urban Meyer.

Well done.:clap:

I was wondering why I had let myself click on this thread until I came across this. Of course, it may strike a little too close to home for some.:)

Thank you, Sir. You, unlike some others, obviously get the not so subtle point that the fans at Penn State will probably not be as silly as the folks here were in those good old days when we were in the midst of frenzied speculation. Even if their AD comes out and says, "We're going to see if we can make a Pat Chambers type of hire," it probably won't have the same effect.

Top Bottom