who do you expect to deflect come fall

Off-GridTNgopher

Reaction score
coach has repeatly said he expects more players to deflect come fall practice, im currious as to who you rubes think these players are...

my very short list of "watch" players would be

m. carter ( needs to buy into the team concept... i think he is a little more of a "me" player... could be a star just hope kill can get his head straightened out)

k. cooper ( i hate to put him on this list but i have too.. there is just something here that doesnt feel right )

m. alipate (is fighting a position switch.. can and will coach kill get him to understand he may need to be at a different position to see the field)

and with the way kill is recruiting the dl and lb positions could we see some of the red shirt fresh and soph walk... people like

brent singleton, harrold legania, eric jacques, cameron botticelli.... ect ect maybe not the names we all recognise however could provide depth at key positions...

discuss....

*edit thx dp for catching the tauaefa thing

Many posters on this site deflect every single day.

Seriously though, this thread is a terrible idea. There is no use in speculating who could leave. All it will serve to do is bad-mouth players.

Tauaefa already transferred to UTEP, btw.

Botticelli is a walk-on, so even if he did transfer (highly doubtful) it wouldn't help our scholarship situation at all.

Seriously though, this thread is a terrible idea. There is no use in speculating who could leave. All it will serve to do is bad-mouth players.

Botticelli is a walk-on, so even if he did transfer (highly doubtful) it wouldn't help our scholarship situation at all.

+1

Stupid thread

Why shouldn't someone post? Must everyone agree with you?

then dont post, if you dont like the content, just move on...

just trying to corrilate the current recruits and there positions to what kill is saying about more possible deflections...

Still a stupid thread...

I think Gray, McKnight, Tinsley, Bennett will all DEFLECT

No one here knows...as mentioned earlier, it serves no good and people will start bashing players...not cool

Will some players leave...sure. It happens with coaching changes all the time and its a natural part of the game even without a coaching change. When it happens, we are generally surprised by who, unless there was smoke.

I hope Abby Wambach deflects.......the soccer ball into the goal today. I love deflections.

Agree..

Coach Kill has said we will know more after two a days. Kids want field time in this day and age and patience runs thin. I looked at the current roster and have some idea's, but right now it is really a moot issue.

I'm hoping every single defensive back we have on the roster deflects. And, deflects a lot!!

Keanon Cooper is one of your guesses? The LB who the coaches said stood out the most in the spring along with Stoudamire? You think he'd give up a starting spot to transfer somewhere, lose a year and have 1 more to play? The kid who tweeted during the spring he loves the new coaches and is grateful he redshirted so he has 2 yrs left under them. SMFH........

Keanon Cooper is one of your guesses? The LB who the coaches said stood out the most in the spring along with Stoudamire? You think he'd give up a starting spot to transfer somewhere, lose a year and have 1 more to play? The kid who tweeted during the spring he loves the new coaches and is grateful he redshirted so he has 2 yrs left under them. SMFH........

its just a feeling i get... go back over my posts, i believe he has the most to gain with this staff... i said in jan he will be our most improved def player and the one player who will benifit the most from this coaching change... however with that said... i put him on my watch list... for no other reason than a gut feeling... am i prediciting it... no.. just going to keep an eye on it...

I agree on the stupidity fully, but I really hope or RBs deflect off oncoming tacklers.

I sure hope no one defects though...

Let me edit this to English:
Coach has repeatedly said that he expects more players to defect come Fall practice. I'm curious as to who you rubes think these players are.

My very short list of "watch" players would be:

M. Carter: He needs to buy into the team concept. I think he is a little more of a "me" player. He could be a star, I just hope Kill can get his head straightened out.

K. Cooper: I hate to put him on this list but, I have to. There is just something here that doesn't feel right.

M. Alipate: He is fighting a position switch. Can and will Coach Kill get him to understand he may need to be at a different position to see the field?

With the way Kill is recruiting the DL and LB positions, we could see some of the red shirt freshmen and sophomores walk.

People like:

Brent Singleton, Harrold Legania, Eric Jacques, Cameron Botticelli, ect... They may be not the names we all recognize, however, they could provide depth at key positions.

discuss....

*Edit: thanks DP for catching the Tauaefa thing

CKill has said several times that Botticelli has a high motor and works hard. If you watched spring practice he did the running drills better than anyone else on the Dline, but a lot. If he can gain 20-30 lbs he will play a lot in 2012.

Top Bottom