who are you cheering for in championship game?

• uconn

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • butler

Votes: 44 89.8%

• Total voters

Go4

Reaction score

If you pick UConn, you need to explain yourself.

Let's Go
Geoffrey-Barbara-Butler.jpg

Three people got some 'splainin to do.

I didn't choose Uconn, but I'm not sure why an explanation would be necessary.

I don't really care either way, it would just seem to me that in terms of popular sentiment, this year's championship is as lopsided as I can remember - Cinderella versus abrasive, potentially rule-breaking establishment. Even last year you had Cinderella versus establishment ... but with a renowned and respected coach (for the most part).

Butler is a slam dunk in the "I'm not a fan of either team and want to choose a side" department.

I voted for the Kembas because of the roll they are on now, and I've been a fan of them as a young lad. Also, I really like how the frosh Lamb plays, kid just minds his own business and goes to work. I do really appreciate Steven's and what he's done with Butler though.

I voted for Butler but wouldn't mind it if UConn won. Certainly better than kentucky or duke winning it all.

If UConn wins, I get my money back, plus a few bucks... if Butler wins, I get my money back plus about $100

Go Bulldogs!

This is the worst national championship game I can remember.

Congrats to UConn, they earned it, but I can honestly say they're the worst national champion I've seen since I started following college hoops closely in the early 80s. I started remembering past champions in my head and I couldn't come up with a worse team. The only comparison I can come up with is Danny & the Miracles (Kansas) in 1988. Both had a clear star, but I'd take the Kansas team (Manning) over UConn (Walker).

Bottom line. ... it's still a national championship.

Top Bottom