Who Are We?

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
What is our offensive identity? What are we trying to do? What is the core of our offensive philosophy? Where do we hang our hat? When I watch a team, the very first thing I try to identify is: what are they really trying to do? You couldn't begin to answer that question today.

I don't like what I'm seeing on offense from a theoretical standpoint. Too many formations. Too many different blocking schemes. Too much diversity. Too little continuity between looks.

The stubborn truth is that we cannot run both a spread and pro-style package well. We cannot. I cannot think of more than a handful of college programs who could. Who do we think we are? Block, tackle, have fewer penalties and turnovers than the bad guys--that's how the University of Minnesota wins football games.

You can go to the Rose Bowl with twelve plays.

It's pretty hard to run a pro-style O rushing-wise when you have the type of line we have. One thing is for sure, GET DECKER THE BALL.

Why did we use more weapons early and then go away from it? I seen a direct snap to Stoudamire that went for a first down and Gray was lined up at WR. Stoudamire was a legit weapon in the first quarter and then we just went back to looking for Decker only.......

I'm more optimistic in the Defense right now then I am in the Offense.......

Top Bottom