White

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone who was there last night elaborate on how Royce White did? I'm a huge fan and would love to see him succeed in college. Many people say he can jump to the NBA someday, which would be great for the Minnesota program in the long run. I know it's early, but every step counts. Thanks.

Mbakwe spanked him

Thanks for the intelligent response GopherNation.

White didn't show much in the scrimmage as he and Mbakwe were coming off the bench for some reason??? White had some nice dunks in the dunk contest and always had a smile on his face throughout the entire event. He was also very fun and personable during the autograph session.

With that said while he is likely the most talented played on the roster it might be a bit unfair/unrealistic to have him starting from the get go. My guess is we see
Nolan
Westbrook
Johnson
Mbakwe
Sampson

that is until Cobbs and Devoe take the starting spots.

I realize it is way early but does Cobb have a chance to start or at least play significant miniutes(split time evenly with Nolen)?

White stood his own guarding Mbakwe I thought.

Both will be key players on our team this year, I am very, very excited.

White was solid on defense, very mature physically...but on offense he got worked a little since he's used to going against people who aren't named mbakwe, so basically he's a freshman that will just have to grow and realize he can't just overpower everyone...

Top Bottom