White House divided on Trump addressing America's racial tensions

Section2

Reaction score
Oh, wow, calling Tim Scott and Ben Sasse jackasses. Strong. Also the US Ambassador to Australia and the Prime Minister of Australia.
they are reacting to the reports that the crowd was "gassed" and were entirely peaceful. if that's true, it's not a jackass opinion. I'm with you that the second point is suspect, but it seems pretty clear at this point that it was smoke cannisters. If that's true, and they repeat their opinions, they are jackasses.

USAF

Reaction score
You drew THIS from the post you quoted? That's impressive by any stretch of the imagination
Own it.

Stop deflecting, questioning the source, calling out "the media," or doing everything but admitting it.

Just own up to it. "Yes, Trump's a ******* *******, but that's what I want. I approve of this ****."

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
They are not obligated to clear a path for Trump to walk to the church. Not getting out of the way doesn't make them not peaceful. I'm glad to hear that everyone has given up on the fiction that this was for any reason than Trump's awkward introduction to books.

Tim Carney was there and he says a couple of guys did throw water bottles, but the advance of the police and the pushing of the crowds came before that. He also says that no one even attempted to enforce the curfew.

3DlqWAS.png

Um, he's the President

howeda7

Reaction score
Own it.

Stop deflecting, questioning the source, calling out "the media," or doing everything but admitting it.

Just own up to it. "Yes, Trump's a ******* *******, but that's what I want. I approve of this ****."
Of the ~20 or so here who viscerally defend Trump daily, only about 4 can admit to having voted for him. Only 2 own MAGA gear. Weak. Sad.

Section2

Reaction score
There now, was that so hard?

Now we'll work on you admitting you approve of Trump's racism and misogyny.
He's a misogynist for sure and a womanizer. You've really cracked the code there. Some racist leanings, but those are present in almost everyone. Anyone who believes that blacks can't succeed on their own is what I would classify as racist. So you fit the bill as well most likely.

USAF

Reaction score
Of the ~20 or so here who viscerally defend Trump daily, only about 4 actually voted for him. Only 2 own MAGA gear. Weak. Sad.
Give it 10 years. Not one person in These United States will have voted for him.

howeda7

Reaction score
Give it 10 years. Not one person in These United States will have voted for him.
I'm apparently the only one here who voted for GWB. Even though Beeg was deeply, madly in love with him.

Section2

Reaction score
Own it.

Trump was my last choice in the republican field, and did not get my vote for president. He will this time. The media, the corruption in politics, the rise of left wing culture, all need to be countered strongly. It doesn't seem like there is a republican with a spine who's willing to take them on. I have many problems with Trump, he's not a good person, not a great leader. But he is absolutely fearless in taking these things on. And the way he's been treated up until this point is an outrage. So he's earned my vote.

You can frame up my opinions however you want. I'm not in the least bit afraid to be honest. I'm constantly called a radical nutjob on this site and I embrace it.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Trump was my last choice in the republican field, and did not get my vote for president. He will this time. The media, the corruption in politics, the rise of left wing culture, all need to be countered strongly. It doesn't seem like there is a republican with a spine who's willing to take them on. I have many problems with Trump, he's not a good person, not a great leader. But he is absolutely fearless in taking these things on. And the way he's been treated up until this point is an outrage. So he's earned my vote.

You can frame up my opinions however you want. I'm not in the least bit afraid to be honest. I'm constantly called a radical nutjob on this site and I embrace it.

Great post. He was my second choice after Dr. Paul. None of the other candidates were going to do a damn thing, if they even won. Trump has done everything i asked for. He has exposed the media and the corruption of the federal bureaucracies. However, his biggest downfall is going to be not bringing the full truth out.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Fake news!

No “tear gas”. Smoke bombs that are benign.

And Bill Barr inspected the area an hour before the walk. One of the “peaceful protesters“ threw a bottle at him, so he ordered to pushback.

The Parks police moved them back with the necessary force, not “violence” after verbal instructions were totally ignored

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Interesting cutoffs on that polling:
Excellent or good and fair to poor?

How about excellent, good, fair or poor? But that may not yield as good of narrative.

Just more media messaging and political campaigning.

BTW, how’d the people that are really responsible for this mess do, mayors and governors?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Fake news!

No “tear gas”. Smoke bombs that are benign.

And Bill Barr inspected the area an hour before the walk. One of the “peaceful protesters“ threw a bottle at him, so he ordered to pushback.

The Parks police moved them back with the necessary force, not “violence” after verbal instructions were totally ignored

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Great post. He was my second choice after Dr. Paul. None of the other candidates were going to do a damn thing, if they even won. Trump has done everything i asked for. He has exposed the media and the corruption of the federal bureaucracies. However, his biggest downfall is going to be not bringing the full truth out.
I agree with this post 100%, feel the same way, other than I have to admit I did kind of like Rubio but mostly because I thought he had the best chance of beating Hillary.

One thing I've learned on this board in the last 3+ years is that by merely voting for someone you are thereby marrying them and supporting 100% everything they ever have done and ever will do in the future. It's an amazing phenomenon, I think it's pretty much new in the last several years.

USAF

Reaction score
idiotic lie
It's a lie alright, but not idiotic. He knows with absolute certainty there is no level of lie he can tell that will cause his base to reassess their blnd devotion.

He know this from daily experience.

He also knows what a tremendous insult this is to his base, but he's too contemptuous of them to care.

And his base is in too deep to admit to themselves he pisses on them every day.

cncmin

Reaction score
idiotic lie
I'm truly surprised you figured this out. The vast majority of other Trump apologists think he doesn't lie all that often. I seem to recall you saying on this very board that Obama lied about as often, which of course is absurd.

cncmin

Reaction score
The fact that he needed a small army to walk a block or so to a church should tell people all they need to know about his "strength."

Yesterday on one of the news shows they recounted the story of how Nixon (always a bogeyman to the left) wandered over to the Lincoln Memorial at night with a few advisers and secret service and talked to protesters who were protesting his escalation of the war into Cambodia. He stayed there about two hours talking to protesters and students.
Call Nixon what you want, but there is no doubt he had plenty of leadership skills - as did the vast majority of our Presidents. The last two Republican Presidents, though, have been devoid in that area, and, unsurprisingly, some of our nation's worst moments have occurred under their [lack of] leadership.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
"Last night I took a walk in the dark
To a place called Palisades Park
To have some fun, to see what I could see..."

written by Chuck Barris, the host of the Gong Show. I kid you not.

cncmin

Reaction score
Um, he's the President
A President with even a minimal set of morals would have waited until the curfew expired to run over the crowd. A President with some real stones would have walked through that crowd, before or after the curfew. A President with some real stones and a semblance of empathy would have walked through that crowd and embraced them (metaphorically).

Section2

Reaction score
It's a lie alright, but not idiotic. He knows with absolute certainty there is no level of lie he can tell that will cause his base to reassess their blnd devotion.

He know this from daily experience.

He also knows what a tremendous insult this is to his base, but he's too contemptuous of them to care.

And his base is in too deep to admit to themselves he pisses on them every day.
It's really easy to tell other people what they believe. There are probably some who fit your description. There are others who feel he is an ally to their movement, even though they know he's not really a Christian in any sense of the word. It's a dangerous thing to align with someone like that. If being a Christian was the most important thing to me, I would not support Trump.

cncmin

Reaction score
I agree with this post 100%, feel the same way, other than I have to admit I did kind of like Rubio but mostly because I thought he had the best chance of beating Hillary.

One thing I've learned on this board in the last 3+ years is that by merely voting for someone you are thereby marrying them and supporting 100% everything they ever have done and ever will do in the future. It's an amazing phenomenon, I think it's pretty much new in the last several years.
Ogee, whatever happened to you that you went from a person with some reason and logic to one who fully embraces every obscure aspect of the nuttery of RW Conspiracy Town?

Section2

Reaction score
I'm truly surprised you figured this out. The vast majority of other Trump apologists think he doesn't lie all that often. I seem to recall you saying on this very board that Obama lied about as often, which of course is absurd.
That's not what I said. I said Trump lies more than Obama. But Obama lied basically every time he opened his mouth too. It's what politicians do. Trump's lies are greater in number, and more obvious, and he's nowhere near as careful with his words.

Harwood is a joke, so I feel silly taking his word for it, but if he really said that, it's a pathetic lie.

justthefacts

Reaction score
John Harwood is a massive turd....or journalist I meant

Damn Lamestream media keeps quoting the President!

JH8oPlp.png

Top Bottom