White House divided on Trump addressing America's racial tensions

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

These weren’t peaceful protesters. They were given 3 warnings to move back to clear the path for Trump to walk to the church. They wouldn’t move.

Mobs don’t rule the streets. Mobs are not peaceful protesters.

It was a symbolic gesture. It perfectly demonstrates the issue we are having with protests that are not truly peaceful.

diehard

Reaction score
Let's see how many first amendment violations we can do in a day.
Right of people to peaceably assemble--Gas em.
Priest in front of his own church that I am using uninvited--gas em.

Good Day!
Really disappointed at your repetition of FakeNews. All this the result of racism in a Blue government state, blue city, and blue community. Be proud. You are responsible. You live in a CV19 level racist state. Grow up and be honest SPG.

howeda7

Reaction score
So, to be clear, you approve of Trump gassing citizens just to clear a path to a photo op, because he's embarrassed by reports of him in the bunker, where he held up "a" bible he's never read, doesnt even enter the church, says nothing, and then ambles back to the WH?

You're NOT ashamed of that from the man you elected to be president??
They have no shame at this point.

howeda7

Reaction score

These weren’t peaceful protesters. They were given 3 warnings to move back to clear the path for Trump to walk to the church. They wouldn’t move.

It was a symbolic gesture. It perfectly demonstrates the issue we are having with protests that are not truly peaceful.
They could have cleared the area an hour or two earlier when there was fewer people. This was done deliberately right before the "speech" so it would get maximum media exposure. The whole thing was staged to present Don's "tough guy" photo op. It's shameful you support it.

diehard

Reaction score

Tear gas would never have been used due to the residual effects. A ex-Marine like SPG would know that.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Haha, all the Loony Leftists are in on this one! Lots of mental illness and TDS bubbling up.

"Senior White House Official" because a junior one wouldn't sound as credible.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
They could have cleared the area an hour or two earlier when there was fewer people. This was done deliberately right before the "speech" so it would get maximum media exposure. The whole thing was staged to present Don's "tough guy" photo op. It's shameful you support it.
Yeah, I’m sure a “please!!!” and thank you would’ve hustled them out of there pronto.

Section2

Reaction score
So, to be clear, you approve of Trump gassing citizens just to clear a path to a photo op, because he's embarrassed by reports of him in the bunker, where he held up "a" bible he's never read, doesnt even enter the church, says nothing, and then ambles back to the WH?

"gassing citizens" is disputed, as is "just to clear a path for a photo op". I think generally speaking, people are going WAY out of their way to criticize cops, and the president in their response to an unprecedented national riot.

I didn't elect him president, and I would need to know the truth to judge. But boy, you sure read a lot into my comment that I doubt Axios has a line into the president's inner circle, anonymous source for the millionth time.

Section2

Reaction score
White Nationalist Stephen Miller wrote the speech...
We can't know who Antifa is! Where's their website?

(Same Guy)
These people all belong to the notorious white nationalist movement!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Tear gas would never have been used due to the residual effects. A ex-Marine like SPG would know that.
I have to admit I don't remember how long the stuff hangs in the air, outdoors. I remember after exposure it took 10 to 20 minutes to get back to breathing right, but it seems like hours. You'd have a mask on, and then they had you compromise the seals with your finger to get a feel for the fit of the mask. The eyes ached, and the amount of snot produced was epic.

But I get your point. It probably wouldn't be used in close proximity to a people not wearing masks.

diehard

Reaction score
I have to admit I don't remember how long the stuff hangs in the air, outdoors. I remember after exposure it took 10 to 20 minutes to get back to breathing right, but it seems like hours. You'd have a mask on, and then they had you compromise the seals with your finger to get a feel for the fit of the mask. The eyes ached, and the amount of snot produced was epic.

But I get your point. It probably wouldn't be used in close proximity to a people not wearing masks.
Yes. Pretty obvious. BTW we would remove our masks in the chamber and do 50 push ups prior to exiting. After a while there is some tolerance built up. When deployed some of the irritant settles to the ground and is reactivated by walking through it.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Yes. Pretty obvious. BTW we would remove our masks in the chamber and do 50 push ups prior to exiting. After a while there is some tolerance built up. When deployed some of the irritant settles to the ground and is reactivated by walking through it.
Push ups, that's nuts. We had to break the seal, clear the gas, repeat once more. You had to do jumping jacks and head swivels and other maneuvers, but those were to test the fit of the mask.

diehard

Reaction score
Push ups, that's nuts. We had to break the seal, clear the gas, repeat once more. You had to do jumping jacks and head swivels and other maneuvers, but those were to test the fit of the mask.
Not nuts. Preparation to fight under all circumstances.

USAF

Reaction score
"gassing citizens" is disputed, as is "just to clear a path for a photo op". I think generally speaking, people are going WAY out of their way to criticize cops, and the president in their response to an unprecedented national riot.

I didn't elect him president, and I would need to know the truth to judge. But boy, you sure read a lot into my comment that I doubt Axios has a line into the president's inner circle, anonymous source for the millionth time.
So you DO approve, just afraid to come out and say it.

Section2

Reaction score
So you DO approve, just afraid to come out and say it.
approve of what? a smoke cannister being launched ahead of the president heading out in public during a time of riot and attacks on the white house? 100%. Only a complete jackass would make this an issue. Thank you so much for your service.

USAF

Reaction score
approve of what? a smoke cannister being launched ahead of the president heading out in public during a time of riot and attacks on the white house? 100%. Only a complete jackass would make this an issue. Thank you so much for your service.
There now, was that so hard?

Now we'll work on you admitting you approve of Trump's racism and misogyny.

diehard

Reaction score
There now, was that so hard?

Now we'll work on you admitting you approve of Trump's racism and misogyny.
Not buying the USAF bit. Space Cadet prior to the Space Force? HS ROTC?

justthefacts

Reaction score

They are not obligated to clear a path for Trump to walk to the church. Not getting out of the way doesn't make them not peaceful. I'm glad to hear that everyone has given up on the fiction that this was for any reason than Trump's awkward introduction to books.

Tim Carney was there and he says a couple of guys did throw water bottles, but the advance of the police and the pushing of the crowds came before that. He also says that no one even attempted to enforce the curfew.

3DlqWAS.png

justthefacts

Reaction score

Oh, wow, calling Tim Scott and Ben Sasse jackasses. Strong. Also the US Ambassador to Australia and the Prime Minister of Australia.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

You drew THIS from the post you quoted? That's impressive by any stretch of the imagination

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I'm sure it was a senior white house anonymous official. They are very close with Axios in the administration.
"I'm hearing..."
"Sources close to the administration indicate...."
"The latest information from people close to the WH say..."
"It's become quite clear from people close to the President that..."

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
They are not obligated to clear a path for Trump to walk to the church. Not getting out of the way doesn't make them not peaceful. I'm glad to hear that everyone has given up on the fiction that this was for any reason than Trump's awkward introduction to books.

Tim Carney was there and he says a couple of guys did throw water bottles, but the advance of the police and the pushing of the crowds came before that. He also says that no one even attempted to enforce the curfew.

3DlqWAS.png
OPINION

Top Bottom