White House divided on Trump addressing America's racial tensions

cncmin

Reaction score
So what? I’m okay with criticism. Just not ‘either way‘ criticism.

And I agree with S2, Trump will likely speak to the nation tonight. Despite lefties telling him to be quiet.
Should he project STRENGTH through his utter weakness? The guy is an abject failure at everything, and everything the man touches dies, including this great country. There are a lot of leaders failing right now, but only one has the buck of this country's abject failure stopping at feet.

Wake up.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
He tear gassed a peaceful protest for a photo-op, so it went exactly like he wanted.
Tear gas is a chemical agent banned in warfare by international convention, so it should only be used on people who pay your salary when absolutely necessary.

beatles

Reaction score
That photo op was an embarrassing disgrace. The man continues to hit new lows.

Spoofin

Reaction score
It's pretty clear already that he has failed this crisis, just as he has failed all of his previous crises.
Right. Walz did all he could, but with what Trump did there was no chance.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I just watched it.

"Is that your bible?"

"It's *a* bible."

That's one of the funniest exchanges I've ever heard. I'll be laughing at that for literally years.

bigticket1

Reaction score
He denigrated the church and he denigrated the Bible. For a photo that reminds me of when the local paper runs a picture of the returning high school letterwinners and everyone tries to "out tough" the other guys.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
He denigrated the church and he denigrated the Bible. For a photo that reminds me of when the local paper runs a picture of the returning high school letterwinners and everyone tries to "out tough" the other guys.
He really ought to crack that book. A lotta good stuff in there.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Federal police tear gassed peaceful protestors so the President could go to St John's and he didn't even pray.

I'm reminded of Matthew 6:2

John Galt

Reaction score
No respectable person supports the riots. Your hated adversaries here sure don’t. I’d say the riot support demographic is pretty small, in general. But sure, slyly (not) juxtapose that right next to something your hated adversaries strongly support. That’s neat. :rolleyes:
Where is the family of George Floyd condemning the riots? Or the black leadership? Sorry if I’ve missed it, but it seems like there has been a lot of support for what’s happened.

John Galt

Reaction score
I just watched it.

"Is that your bible?"

"It's *a* bible."

That's one of the funniest exchanges I've ever heard. I'll be laughing at that for literally years.
No one has ever accused you of having a sense of humor...

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
No one has ever accused you of having a sense of humor...
I still have tears streaming down my face. His comic timing was impeccable. Everything was perfect, including holding the book upside down.

John Galt

Reaction score
I still have tears streaming down my face. His comic timing was impeccable. Everything was perfect, including holding the book upside down.
Was this before or after you boarded up your house in Shoreview?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Where is the family of George Floyd condemning the riots? Or the black leadership? Sorry if I’ve missed it, but it seems like there has been a lot of support for what’s happened.

You missed it. But it didn't have any jokes about fake Christianity, so it probably didn't hit your radar

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
One thing of note: he went out of his way to mention 2nd Amendment rights. Don't think that that's not a call to arms to right-wing militia. The MAGA life coach who threatened to flood the streets with millions of armed civil warriors if he got the go-ahead from Trump: if I were him, I would've taken Trump's words that way. This is an increasingly dangerous situation.

scools12

Reaction score
One thing of note: he went out of his way to mention 2nd Amendment rights. Don't think that that's not a call to arms to right-wing militia. The MAGA life coach who threatened to flood the streets with millions of armed civil warriors if he got the go-ahead from Trump: if I were him, I would've taken Trump's words that way. This is an increasingly dangerous situation.
You can’t make it up. ?‍♂️

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
The more a person goes out of his or her way to proclaim how tough and how strong they are, the more I suspect that they are really not that tough or strong.

There were reports that Trump wanted the Church photo-op because of news stories that he was taken to the bunker - which in his view made him look "weak," so in response he comes out and proclaims he is the "law and order" President and talks about sending federal troops into American cities.

On a separate note:

I see a lot of graffiti and posters with "F*ck 12" on them. What the bleep does that stand for?

Top Bottom