white helmets

Unlike other schools, the taxpayer funded our stadium...that's right the taxpayer. There isn't any money for that, but we have extra for NEW white helmets. You are the moron for not understanding how much money your buddy Brewster has waisted. You are truely a Brewster Brew Crew guy, I can tell. Maybe new helmets every week?

A few things
1) I have been against Brewster remaining as the gophers head coach for well over a year now
2) The u of m raised more money than the state gave for TCF bank stadium. If you take into account the land donated to the state by the U of M (valued at 50 million dollars). The state actually donated less than 70 million to the stadium campaign.
3) Are you really proposing if the U has extra money in the athletics dept, instead of giving it to the football team they should give it back to the state?
4) You have never seen the U of Ms budget, so you have absolutely no idea how much the new alternate equipment costs. I know the HS I worked at got new jerseys in a year we were not supposed to. People complained, not knowing that there was a great deal for buying stuff together and it actually ended up costing less.
5) The U of M had white helmets for the NDSU game when Mason was the coach, do you know for a fact that none of these were used?
6) Do you know for a fact that these helmets were purchased by the University and not rented or given to them by the manufacturer. You can get deals on uniform equipment (especially if you play on TV) because uniforms used on TV are basically free advertising. Equipment companies make more money off of High School equipment than college equipment. This is why Nike gives Oregon a billion different uniform combos.

the uniforms were a slap in the face to gopher tradition!

it is just another way that brewster has tried to cover up the fact that he is a horid coach. please let the marron and gold wear marron and gold.

we looked like the wisconson practice squad in those ugly arse uniforms.

The Gophs wore white helmets in the '62 Rose Bowl.

Loved the all white uniform. I would like to see the white helmet more often.

I agree with goAUpher..the U has zero tradition when it comes to uniforms. Have they gone 10 years without drastically changing? Probably from '79ish to 93ish was the longest stretch.

Loved the white helmets. I love the new uniforms and their numerous combinations. I believe we are the only team in the Big Ten going to these lengths, which I think is pretty darn cool.

Another reason I like it is because this sort of thing is so far removed from what we normally expect out of our athletic department.

Maybe we can see a return to white helmet, maroon jersey, white pants?

I'd be curious to see it, but I doubt we ever will.

The Gophs wore white helmets in the '62 Rose Bowl.

Loved the all white uniform. I would like to see the white helmet more often.

loved those white helmets, but these are awful. Either go with the throwback white or stick to the maroon.

A few things
1) I have been against Brewster remaining as the gophers head coach for well over a year now
2) The u of m raised more money than the state gave for TCF bank stadium. If you take into account the land donated to the state by the U of M (valued at 50 million dollars). The state actually donated less than 70 million to the stadium campaign.
3) Are you really proposing if the U has extra money in the athletics dept, instead of giving it to the football team they should give it back to the state?
4) You have never seen the U of Ms budget, so you have absolutely no idea how much the new alternate equipment costs. I know the HS I worked at got new jerseys in a year we were not supposed to. People complained, not knowing that there was a great deal for buying stuff together and it actually ended up costing less.
5) The U of M had white helmets for the NDSU game when Mason was the coach, do you know for a fact that none of these were used?
6) Do you know for a fact that these helmets were purchased by the University and not rented or given to them by the manufacturer. You can get deals on uniform equipment (especially if you play on TV) because uniforms used on TV are basically free advertising. Equipment companies make more money off of High School equipment than college equipment. This is why Nike gives Oregon a billion different uniform combos.

Great post.

Top Bottom