While games are not decided on one play, perhaps....

U2Gopher

Reaction score
....the biggest play that could have changed the outcome in my mind was the dropped interception by Dandridge. What was it, late third or early fourth, and the game was still tied 21-21. We would have had the ball at midfield at worst. If you put a td on the board after that, you have the lead and the crowd and you just might pull off the upset. Instead, you drop the pick and find yourself pinned inside your own 5 after the punt and you never recover.

Now, I'm not ripping Dandridge. There were other plays out there that could have, or should have been made, that could have changed the outcome, but in my mind this one play was a potential tide turner.

Keep your head up guys.

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you make this thread already? I could've sworn someone said exactly the same thing.......

Agree it was a big play, but we recovered from that error. The play that cost us the game was letting them get a 35 yard completion on 3rd and 15 on their way to the game-winning TD. Kids drop picks all the time, which is why they play defense. Teams should NEVER give up first downs on 3rd and 15. It is inexcusable.

Agree it was a big play, but we recovered from that error. The play that cost us the game was letting them get a 35 yard completion on 3rd and 15 on their way to the game-winning TD. Kids drop picks all the time, which is why they play defense. Teams should NEVER give up first downs on 3rd and 15. It is inexcusable.

agreed, this was "THE" play that did us in (3rd and 16), the dandridge drop we put together a few plays to get to mid-field after, and then put them back in their end on the punt.

Did you make this thread already? I could've sworn someone said exactly the same thing.......

No I didn't, but this could have been talked about already. I've made a promise to myself this year that unless we win, I'm not coming to the board until Monday, just to let myself cool down and I just can't stand all of the nay-sayers on here after every loss. I glanced at a few subject lines before I posted and didn't see it mentioned so I threw in my two cents.

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom