Which team is more excited?

McGopherFan

Reaction score
It better be the Gophers in any remaining game with Brewster at the helm.

Things he said indicated that his team was excited for the opener at MTSU.

He further indicated that USD was very excited to come to TCF Bank.

He thought it was great potatoes that USC saw fit to come to TCF Bank and that the Gophers were excited about that game. And the Gophers sure played more "excited" than they did against the neighbor kids.

I was a little too fed-up to find out which team was excited about what prior to the NIU. But I'd have to guess that he thought NIU was a bit more excited than the Gophers for that game.

If a coach or any player cannot be excited about preparing for every game or putting on the pads and uniform to represent themselves, their team, their school, in Gophers case the State of Minnesota, etc they do not deserve more than one chance to show that.

It appears that this coach will have 8 more opportunities to prove that he is excited about being here as the coach. If not, it is time get someone in here who can be excited about every game and prepare his team to be ready and excited for every game too.

There are no more USDs or NIUs on the schedule - there is a selection of USCs (perhaps this year only); there are some a bit below and no doubt one well above that programs level remaining. We the fans will no doubt soon have a clear picture of which of the teams is the most excited in each of the coming games.

With his destiny in his hands, will Coach Brewster be exited enough to teach and train his team in each of those 8 challenges to earn the right to return as coach for the 2011 campaign?

From what I have seen, we look a team that already has one hand around the throat. In other words: we are playing scared-not excited imo.

We don't need an excited team, we need a disciplined team. We need the players to trust their teammates, even if they really can't trust them. No, especially if they can't trust them. When a machine is broken, the last thing you need to do is break it more.

We don't need an excited team, we need a disciplined team. We need the players to trust their teammates, even if they really can't trust them. No, especially if they can't trust them. When a machine is broken, the last thing you need to do is break it more.

From what I saw last week, there was a little too much "This is all up to me-itis" on the Gopher defense.

From what I saw last week, there was a little too much "This is all up to me-itis" on the Gopher defense.

People were saying the same thing about the South Dakota game. They players were getting out of position because they didn't trust their teammates, and felt that they had to do it all themselves. And then they got burned because they weren't in position to do their job. Field discipline is up to the coaches, you start losing discipline, the team falls apart. The players begin to think it's all someone else's fault. Just do your job, trust your teammates, and you will get the best results.

Is this because they don't trust their teammates or is more likely the last time some of these players played significant minutes (possibly high school) they were able to play undisciplined football and have success?

Oh...I thought this was about Team Jacob vs. Team Edward.

I thought they were both Gophers, but seeing how they are on defense a vampire and a werewolf would be quite helpful.

I thought they were both Gophers, but seeing how they are on defense a vampire and a werewolf would be quite helpful.

Nah, they are terrible athletes.

What we need is Teen Wolf. He had nasty ball skills. I bet he could start both ways and return kicks and punts.

Nah, they are terrible athletes.

What we need is Teen Wolf. He had nasty ball skills. I bet he could start both ways and return kicks and punts.

His exuberance after a big play would turn too many fans against him, but man...he can ball!

Top Bottom