Which Player Needs to Step Up?

Reaction score
I am impressed with the improvement in the defensive backfield. however, i don't think troy stoudermire has performed too well thus far. It is time for him to have a HUGE game. Maybe a kick return for a TD, a pass breakup, and an INT. He is the man and needs a big game . . .

PACK THE BANK!!!

LET'S GO GOPHERS!!!

SKI-U-MAH!!!

I am impressed with the improvement in the defensive backfield. however, i don't think troy stoudermire has performed too well thus far. It is time for him to have a HUGE game. Maybe a kick return for a TD, a pass breakup, and an INT. He is the man and needs a big game . . .

PACK THE BANK!!!

LET'S GO GOPHERS!!!

SKI-U-MAH!!!

Really? He's 3rd on the team in tackles, including 1.5 for loss. He was noticeably not mentioned during most of last game because they hardly dared throw at him. His pass coverage was outstanding. He played tight against UNLV until late, has been more than serviceable since. His job is to lock down the short side. Not many have dared to challenge him.

Highwayman is right. If you don't hear a CB's name being mentioned, that's typically a good thing. The only time you want to hear a CB's name is when they make a pick, recover a fumble, or make a tackle. The fact his name hardly gets mentioned is a good sign.

Go Gophers!

I won't pick an indivdual, but a group instead. The Linbackers. This is the most experienced postion we have on the entire team, with 2 senior starters and 3 in the rotation. The DBs and DL have outplayed them by leaps and bounds.

P.S. - To answer your question, the FANS need to step up! Be LOUD!!!

Ski-U-Mah and Go Gophers!

P.S. - To answer your question, the FANS need to step up! Be LOUD!!!

Ski-U-Mah and Go Gophers!

This, AND the LB's have been very underwhelming with the exemption of James Manuel. I think Mike Rallis REALLY needs to step it up. He has been pretty dissapointing so far.

The key will be if the OL can spring Kirkwood for over 100 yards, keep the Orange O on the bench and chew clock. They lost both kick/punt returnings and a starting cornerback.

Did Stoudermire drop a punt late in the UNLV game (now he has been replaced)? Has he been very assertive on returning Kickoffs? Has he had a pass breakup? People have thrown his way. I never said he is bad. But, as a senior and as the leader of the DBs (maybe not anymore), I would like to see a lot more out of him . . .

and I agree with saying as a group that the LBs need to step up (part of the reason D Wells is #1 in tackles and T Stoudermire is #3 in tackles) . . .

Rallis needs to step it up, if he wants to watch the game I'm sure Coach Kill has a spot on the sidelines for him with a less hazardous view.

Tommy the Tank needs to start getting it done

Mike Rallis really needs to step up his game. Attack the blocker Mike and play with more discipline in your gap. You want to be a middle linebacker step up and be one.
If there is anyone getting out of position the most so far it is him. "No more Minnesota Nice" the shirt say's he needs to step up and actually attack his blocks and shed off and get to the ball carrier. You want to be a middle linebacker you better be making tackles and breaking up passes. The opposition has been picking on Rallis a lot. Emotion is fine but you have to be able to fire everyone elseup as the middle backer.
Mike is more than capable of stepping up and being the man in the middle the talent is there.

Did Stoudermire drop a punt late in the UNLV game (now he has been replaced)? Has he been very assertive on returning Kickoffs? Has he had a pass breakup? People have thrown his way. I never said he is bad. But, as a senior and as the leader of the DBs (maybe not anymore), I would like to see a lot more out of him . . .

and I agree with saying as a group that the LBs need to step up (part of the reason D Wells is #1 in tackles and T Stoudermire is #3 in tackles) . . .

Stoud had a tough 2 minutes in the UNLV game, other than that he's been pretty good. Our system requires a ton out of Troy. Because he is able to play a lot of man-to-man and able to tackle well, it really opens up our safeties to roam. Troy's ability is part of the reason that Wells has been so fantastic.

MV wrote up a nice description of a boundary corner (Troy's position):
http://fringebowlteamblog.com/blog/troy-stoudermire-boundary-cb

In essense, if you hear Troy's name as little as you've heard it this year, he's doing his job.

For obvious reasons Max needs to continue to throw the ball well. If he does, the running game opens up. Two important keys to this game IMO.

Barker is our PR guy. Stoudermire has never really been a PR guy and shouldn't be. Is not a real part of his skill set. Admittedly, his early contribution in the UNLV game was generally negative. Of course, he hadn't played in a game for nearly a year.

Stoudermire had a massive KR against UNH. He's maybe had 1 or 2 chances to break up a pass in three games. He's step for step with any WR that has challenged him. They are not throwing at him. He had a massive blitz hit on the UNLV QB that caused the INT by Wells. He's done nearly everything he has been asked.

Not that it matters nor do I really care because we won, but wasn't there a post after the WMU game that Stoudemire gave up that late TD pass and was jawing with that WR previously. Regardless, we have had Wells (UNLV), Shabazz (UNH), and Carter (WMU) all step up and make some plays.

Troy is my pick this week who steps up in our secondary, pick 6 in the first half to set the tone!

I think Stoud has had good plays, but too many dumb mistakes (penalties, etc)

I think BRANDON GREEN needs to step it up.

Marcus Jones. Been close on several plays. Tomorrow night he's cash money.

Wettstein.

Can no longer afford to leave points on the field as the competition continues to improve.

I'm gonna say all four guys on the d line. If they have a good game we should win. If we get after Nassib like we did Carder this game we'll win.

Top Bottom