Which Jerry Kill would you rather be?

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
This question is a bit tainted before I even ask it because hind sight is 20/20. But, just rub your eyes for a moment and answer this using the best objective reasoning that you can muster:

What is the bigger challenge if you are Jerry Kill: Preparing your MAC team to play at Minnesota in 2010, or preparing your Minnesota team to play at USC in 2011?

Regardless of your answer, I am just glad we've got a guy that has experience bringing lightly regarded teams into underdog situations... and not flinching.

I'd rather be Jerry Kill preparing my Minnesota team to play at USC because my paycheck is about 3 times larger :)

As far as the biggest challenge, it would almost have to be preparing Minnesota to play USC. At NIU he was familiar with his personnel and had coached them for 2+ seasons heading into that game. At Minnesota he's just getting things going and probably still doesn't know what he has until the guys are out there in a game situation.

I'd rather be Jerry Kill preparing my Minnesota team to play at USC because my paycheck is about 3 times larger :)

As far as the biggest challenge, it would almost have to be preparing Minnesota to play USC. At NIU he was familiar with his personnel and had coached them for 2+ seasons heading into that game. At Minnesota he's just getting things going and probably still doesn't know what he has until the guys are out there in a game situation.

Exactly. I think a better comparison is to how Kill was when taking NIU to play Minnesota in 2008, since he was new that year. Given 2008 Minnesota isn't as strong as 2011 USC probably will be, but if that game was any indication, Kill will have us in it until the last second.

MinnMarchDTF said:
Exactly. I think a better comparison is to how Kill was when taking NIU to play Minnesota in 2008, since he was new that year. Given 2008 Minnesota isn't as strong as 2011 USC probably will be, but if that game was any indication, Kill will have us in it until the last second.

Chandler Harnish was a big reason for their success that day even though, if I remember correctly, it was his first start. It suggests that a) he was a talented kid, and b) the staff had him well prepared and prepped a game plan that he could execute.

Hopefully we see similar results with Gray!

Chandler Harnish was a big reason for their success that day even though, if I remember correctly, it was his first start. It suggests that a) he was a talented kid, and b) the staff had him well prepared and prepped a game plan that he could execute.

Hopefully we see similar results with Gray!

+1

Top Bottom