Which band did you like better?

• The Pride of Minnesota

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • The WSU Cougar Marching Band

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Taji34

Reaction score
For those who went to the Battle of the Bands events, and those who watch the performances later today at the game, which band did you like better? The Pride of Minnesota, or the WSU Cougar Marching Band? Why? Which songs did you enjoy hearing?

It's called the pride of mn for a reason.. I don't need to watch the other band to tell I like ours better.

The d@mn Cougar band was hiding in the crevasses of the stadium while stalking their prey. Meanwhile the Gopher band kept popping up at different locations like they were playing a game of whack-a-mole. [emoji41]

My favorite was when the Gopher band played Madonna's tune, "Like a Virgin."

as one cougar fan next to me said "It's a big ten school, they all have big bands" GMB was about 50% larger than the WSU band. Sound, size and quality all went to the Gopher Band. That said, it was about 50 minutes of exceptional fun with both bands.

Wow that sounds like it would have been fun to see.

At the battle of the bands, UMMB was significantly bigger and louder and sounded much better. Best parts were when the tubas and trumpets came out and played right in front of the people in the stands.

At the parade, UMMB did a much better job marching (e.g. cougars even had members out of step).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom