Which 2016 Recruit(s) Ask for their Release?

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
So which of our 2016 recruits have had enough and request their release so they can try and get on at a different school?

Don't know how to create a poll...so just discussion on this one.

I think that Amir Coffey and his Dad were extremely concerned before and could bolt if Lynch is charged with a felony assault/rape. Hard not to think Eric Curry is wondering if coming this far north is worth it.

Only one I think isn't going anywhere is Michael Hurt.

Pure speculation BTW...no insider knowledge on anything.

So which of our 2016 recruits have had enough and request their release so they can try and get on at a different school?

I think that Amir Coffey and his Dad were extremely concerned before and could bolt if Lynch is charged with a felony assault/rape. Hard not to think Eric Curry is wondering if coming this far north is worth it.

None of them, stupid and pointless thread, but I don't blame you it was stupid take from Chip's column. The U doesn't have to grant them a release and I am pretty sure there's only a week left in the Spring Period.

One would hope that the guys are smart enough to know (unlike posters here) that what Lynch did or did not do has nothing to do with the quality of the coaches or the school they have chosen.

Dumbest post ever. Why don't we add what athletes from other sports will leave because a student athlete was arrested. The arrest likely means more pt for Curry. Everywhere you go in life you have coworkers ,friends, people you deal with on a regular basis who are stupid and do bad things. If you have strong character why would that affect your behavior? Lynch destroyed his life and a victims. Unless he had a criminal past I see it as all on him in terms of the basketball program. Looking past the important life aspects of this incident. In basketball it give us another scholarship for the great 2017 instate class but leaves us thin at center.

Dumbest post ever. Why don't we add what athletes from other sports will leave because a student athlete was arrested. The arrest likely means more pt for Curry. Everywhere you go in life you have coworkers ,friends, people you deal with on a regular basis who are stupid and do bad things. If you have strong character why would that affect your behavior? Lynch destroyed his life and a victims. Unless he had a criminal past I see it as all on him in terms of the basketball program. Looking past the important life aspects of this incident. In basketball it give us another scholarship for the great 2017 instate class but leaves us thin at center.

Was Lynch charged, found guilty, and dismissed from team all in one day? Missed all of it

It has been a long time since I played basketball and I don't know the 2016 recruits, but it as much about the likely hood that the staff that recruited you not being there beyond this year than just the Lynch deal. Your potential role in the program is pretty well outlined by the staff and you get comfortable with them. The uncertainty of the staff situation and program is what will drive recruits away as much as they Lynch or video deal. This uncertainty will most certainly used by other teams as they recruit the 2017 instate class.

Was Lynch charged, found guilty, and dismissed from team all in one day? Missed all of it
My bad. If? It doesn't look good but I shouldn't assume guilt. Given this is Gopher Basketball i expect the worse . My apologies.

My bad. If? It doesn't look good but I shouldn't assume guilt. Given this is Gopher Basketball i expect the worse . My apologies.

No worries. Not a lot to be optimistic about last few months. Understandable

One would hope that the guys are smart enough to know (unlike posters here) that what Lynch did or did not do has nothing to do with the quality of the coaches or the school they have chosen.

No, but it might have a lot to do with who is coaching them in the coming few years. If this was the first issue these guys have dealt with, wouldn't even be a question. But after the tag team video and the assault by McNeil, these three kids and their parents have to be concerned.

Mods should delete this thread, pure troll.

Trolling would be a prediction or even a rant, this was purely a question and I am real gopher fan and U graduate and have a long history on this board so feel free to go eat some cheese.

None of them, stupid and pointless thread, but I don't blame you it was stupid take from Chip's column. The U doesn't have to grant them a release and I am pretty sure there's only a week left in the Spring Period.

You honestly think if anyone of them asked for a release the U would deny them?

This is the kind of news that should be concerning to families and recruits but the 3 incoming have stuck with it through other challenges and i think they will see it through. Tons of schools will bring up all the incidents and all the losing.

Highly doubt anyone from 2016 even asks for a release. Gives our rivals more ammo against us for the 2017 class though.

Highly doubt anyone from 2016 even asks for a release. Gives our rivals more ammo against us for the 2017 class though.

+1 Only worthwhile statement in this thread's entirety!

It's getting to a point where I wouldn't blame a recruit. It's not so much that I can point to anything that Pitino has done as it is just the program is in shambles. They brought in a bunch of talent and I'm optimistic about next year, but this past couple years has been about the lowest the basketball program has ever been. They're losing. They haven't been good citizens. If I was a parent of a recruit, I'd back away.

Please do not confuse GopherInPhilly (dumb) with PhillyGopher (dumb but keeps quiet about it)

Top Bottom