Where is everyone?

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
The Gophers just pulled off arguably their biggest win of the season, considering the circumstances, and all I see are threads about where Royce and Trevor are and the ridiculous threads about people complaining about the refs.
Remember, Northwestern is a darn good team with some quality wins under its belt. This was a HUGE victory and the Gophers apparently out-played the 'Cats for much of the game. I am certainly encouraged! A loss here would have nearly completely shot the Gophers chances of the NCAA. Now, they are ahead of teams like Northwestern and Michigan in the standings.

They were playing at home favored by 10 points. It's not breaking news that they won. It should be expected.

They were playing at home favored by 10 points. It's not breaking news that they won. It should be expected.

Expected?! Are you joking? This is the team that was out-played by Portland and Indiana. NOTHING should be "expected" (unless you count inconsistency).

I'll agree it was a huge win. I also think Minnesota fans are spent after this past weekend (MSU and N.O.). Anyway, if we take a deep breath, I think perspective is in order. We have lost twice to MSU and once to Purdue on the road. Yes, missed chances at signature wins but we still get cracks at Wisky and Purdue in the barn. The schedule after the upcoming road trip is more favorable.

While a win @ OSU would be huge for confidence...I think the schedule still plays out that we can get 11 wins if we can win 2 or the following 3 road games (NU, PSU, OSU). Obviously, we need to hold serve at home as well. This allows for 3 more losses and despite the previous 3 game slide, each game was winnable and we are not getting blown out. We are down 3 players...yes Mbakwe and White count as we are not able to replace them on the roster..so yes, we are missing three players. ITs the players fault but its a reality that we are short handed.

IF we can cobble together a nice second half with a win against Wisky/Purdue then people may look back and say it was one of Tubby's better coaching jobs (versus the opposite opinion right now).

I looked at last night as like checking off a task on a list. It had to be done, and it wasn't pretty. It wasn't the kind of win that evokes confidence, but as Rouser says, the schedule sets up such that it is possible for us to finish 11-7. Thank you Blake- great game.

Was expecting a bit of a letdown last night (from the players and the fans) after Saturday's heartbreaker, and I think there was. Gophers and the fans were a little flat, but they survived. Just glad to get out of there with a win last night. It's well-timed that the Gophers have an extra day to rest, "recoop", re-energize and prepare for what will be a juiced up Ohio State squad. We're certainly due to beat somebody good on the road, why not Sunday?

Top Bottom