Where did MN kids sign?

btowngopher

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread for some of the lesser known Minnesota kids that signed with FBS schools. I noticed Tim Gordon from Cretin signed with EMU.

They all went to NDSU

George Behr to Rutgers, Robert Olson to Oregon State, Zach Hovey to Miami Ohio....Pretty short list.

Preston Woods to UNI
Khayvon Hawkins and Ejadamen Ejiya to NDSU

there are still some more.

I will be the first to admit I know very little about recruiting...but it surprises me that we didn't seem interested in Behr or Olson, but schools from other major conferences that don't recruit heavily in MN picked them up.

Did they just not fit our system? Didn't grade out well to Kill and company? Guess we probably won't ever know.

I will be the first to admit I know very little about recruiting...but it surprises me that we didn't seem interested in Behr or Olson, but schools from other major conferences that don't recruit heavily in MN picked them up.

Did they just not fit our system? Didn't grade out well to Kill and company? Guess we probably won't ever know.

As for Behr, from looking at his measurables and watching his highlights, he's more of a tweener big WR/small TE and those guys don't really fit well in the Limegrover offense - too big and slow to play out wide, but not quite big or physical enough to play inline.

As for Olson, the Gophers would've loved to have him come in as a walk-on, but obviously his offers were just too good to make that happen. They liked him, but just not as much as other guys on their board.

Not FCS, but Connor Wilkie, who was a possible Gopher walk-on at one point, signed to play for Cory Sauter at SMSU

As for Behr, from looking at his measurables and watching his highlights, he's more of a tweener big WR/small TE and those guys don't really fit well in the Limegrover offense - too big and slow to play out wide, but not quite big or physical enough to play inline.

As for Olson, the Gophers would've loved to have him come in as a walk-on, but obviously his offers were just too good to make that happen. They liked him, but just not as much as other guys on their board.

Thanks for the insight, dpodoll.

Anybody know where Ricardo Johnson III (RJ3) Cretin QB signed? I thought I'd read he had a few FBS offers a while back.

Doesn't look like he signed anywhere yet. He had a offer from Hawaii and a PWO offer from Northwestern. I think he also had some interest from Maryland somewhat recently.

Top Bottom