Where are 'Holers Watching the Away Games?

MBAGuy

Needs something to cheer about
Reaction score
I'm not sure if things will change much this year, given the new stadium and whatnot, but I've been to a few of the bars around campus to watch the games over the years and they leave a little bit to be desired in terms of game day atmosphere. Anyone in the Cities know of any good joints where a fella and his buddies can gather to watch the games with other Gopher fans?

Duh......

Where is the largest video screen? Why not open TCF to ticket holders and those who would like to watch the game at TCF. Additional revenue. Additional people interested in tickets?

Where is the largest video screen? Why not open TCF to ticket holders and those who would like to watch the game at TCF. Additional revenue. Additional people interested in tickets?

Will never happen, but it would be rad. Especially if they deemed that it was not a U-sponsored activity and beer could be enjoyed by all....

Syracuse

I thought they were letting the students watch the Syracuse game at the stadium with free food, drink, etc???

I'll be at TCF for the Syracuse game. Definitely wouldn't complain if they did this for every away game.

I would love to meet up with others to watch the away games. I'm usually sitting at home by myself. Also, Margaret Carlson from the U was on Sid and Dave's show on on Sunday and said that the home games will be on "TV" at the McNamara Center on game days. It would be great if they would do it for away games too.

Wish there was a Thursday night game because I can't watch football on weekends. :/

I'll be watching tOSU game from a hotel bar in Rockford, IL.

Other than that abortion of common sense (a wedding in football season? Godless heathens), I'll be watching them from my couch.

The Reef Bar in Duluth. Alas, no home satellite for Snidely Whiplash.

Wish there was a Thursday night game because I can't watch football on weekends. :/

Must be tough to be a football fan then....

Although being in Hawaii, it must be tough to get up at 5 in the morning for our 11am games....I just got back from 10 days on Kauai, it was hard to watch Wednesday night baseball at 2 in the afternoon...You must have thursday afternoons available...

I'm not sure if things will change much this year, given the new stadium and whatnot, but I've been to a few of the bars around campus to watch the games over the years and they leave a little bit to be desired in terms of game day atmosphere. Anyone in the Cities know of any good joints where a fella and his buddies can gather to watch the games with other Gopher fans?

The Library in Dinkytown is usually a good bet...lots of people who are into the games, yelling, singing the rouser, etc.. Atmosphere can change a lot from day to night, but for games it is usually pretty solid, pretty cheap beer, about a hundred TVs.

Syracuse...my couch
Northwestern...in Evanston
Penn State....in Happy Valley
Ohio State....TBD (probably couch)
Iowa...in Kinnick

The Library? In Dinkytown?

I have never heard of the place! When in the hell did this place open?

I would sure like to check it out! The beer has to be cheaper than Sally's or Stub & Herb's or the Leaning Tower of Pizza! Those places are so overpriced it's stupid.

Go Gophers!!

I have a home bar in my basement with a 72 inch screen in HD that I'll be watching all away games. I'm pretty much worthless on Saturdays watching college fb games with some friends. I will be at Northwestern watching live.

Me too. I bought my 50" HDTV for two things only: Football and Call of Duty. Can't wait.

I have never heard of the place! When in the hell did this place open?

I would sure like to check it out! The beer has to be cheaper than Sally's or Stub & Herb's or the Leaning Tower of Pizza! Those places are so overpriced it's stupid.

Go Gophers!!

I believe it opened in January 2006.

Several of us have blood-curling stories of the old Library, and the beer bust that closed it down. Shortly after that, it was closed, sold, gutted out, and rebuilt into a solid campus bar. It single-handedly brought down the cost of drinking in Dinkytown.

Syracuse... Syracuse, NY - I like to hit these unique non-conference destinations when we have them.
Northwestern... Evanston, IL - Why not? Who doesn't love a weekend in Chicago?
Penn State.... State College, PA - best Big Ten town without a doubt.
Ohio State.... Columbus, OH - it's on the way home from Happy Valley, right?
Iowa... somewhere warm. I won't spend a nickle in the cesspool that is Iowa City.

Top Bottom