when will Mitch be back?

Gobie insinuated he might be out next week; still symptomatic. Just rumors but there it is on the internetz. Luckily we have Rutgers next?

I guess we'll find out next week.

I bet he could have played today, but there was no way they'd put him out there after missing it during last week's game.

he won't play against buttgers - we're gonna be cruising down the new rhoda

I bet he could have played today, but there was no way they'd put him out there after missing it during last week's game.

Of course he could have played. It was a concussion. The only thing keeping him out is protocol and the risk of more severe concussion. His health is more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no info but heard Burns on his podcast try not to say much on the subject but it came out in a way that made me think things weren't moving along as fast as one would hope.

I have no info but heard Burns on his podcast try not to say much on the subject but it came out in a way that made me think things weren't moving along as fast as one would hope.

Way to be decisive.

It wouldn't be too bad if he played next week. Granted worse things have happened than Rhoda starting again. Working on lesson #3 here...

Maryland is better than the next 3 teams we play. I think any of us on GH could start at QB the next three weeks and walk away with a victory.

Maryland is better than the next 3 teams we play. I think any of us on GH could start at QB the next three weeks and walk away with a victory.

Not if the coaches decide the quarterback needs to throw 40 plus times like the previous two losses. Run the ball! We have three very good backs. We chew clock, we keep our defense off the field.

Now I know why I find many of your posts inane.

Now I know why I find many of your posts inane.

It must be hard for you to joke around.

Maryland was bad yesterday. But Rutgers, Purdue, and Illinois are really bad. Rhoda could start the next 3 and I don't think the Gophers will have a problem as long as they run the ball like 60s guy said.

On the Sports Huddle on Sunday, Sid asked about Leidner. Claeys trotted out the old "I meet with the medical staff at 2:00pm, so I can't say anything before that" routine.

I can understand wanting to be careful with medical information about college players - but Claeys & Co. are worse than the Vikings when it comes to being secretive. Players are listed as "out" for a game - and they wind up playing.

My guess - when Leidner does return, they won't say a word about it; he'll probably be listed at "out" on the depth/position chart, and he'll just show up on the field and be in the starting lineup one game. "element of surprise....."

Yup..just like 3 weeks ago on starting tackle Vincent Calhoun who is dealing with turf toe: "Well, we could've played him this week, but decided to give him another week." He hasn't played one down. Go figure?

Yup..just like 3 weeks ago on starting tackle Vincent Calhoun who is dealing with turf toe: "Well, we could've played him this week, but decided to give him another week." He hasn't played one down. Go figure?

True...if you ignore the fact that he played the last two weeks.

On the Sports Huddle on Sunday, Sid asked about Leidner. Claeys trotted out the old "I meet with the medical staff at 2:00pm, so I can't say anything before that" routine.

I can understand wanting to be careful with medical information about college players - but Claeys & Co. are worse than the Vikings when it comes to being secretive. Players are listed as "out" for a game - and they wind up playing.

My guess - when Leidner does return, they won't say a word about it; he'll probably be listed at "out" on the depth/position chart, and he'll just show up on the field and be in the starting lineup one game. "element of surprise....."

Gray area. "Out" on position chart means they are out at the time the position chart is created. Doctors meet with players everyday. That's four days for things to change.

Element of Surprise

he'll probably be listed at "out" on the depth/position chart, and he'll just show up on the field and be in the starting lineup one game. "element of surprise....."
That will be the day Tommy Armstrong throws 4 interceptions.

This is college football everywhere. It's stupid, but we live with it.

True...if you ignore the fact that he played the last two weeks.

I didn't see him in? I saw Green , Fanning , Wright, Mayes Conners, Weyler, and Moore. It did show him in the starting lineup on the participation report. I must be blind.��

I'm pretty sure you and I could handle Rutgers.

Do I need to remind everyone that this is our Gophers we r talking about here. Stop looking past Rutgers. I'm confident we will win but I'm also pretty confident that the last 60 years of Gopher football says the final score Saturday will probably be 20-17. Many will complain Clayes should be fired while others will say we should beat Illinois on the road by 3 TD's. That game will also be a nail biter by the way.

TC said on his FB Live show tonight, "Mitch has progressed one step in the concussion protocol - whatever that means".
Clear as mud.

Do I need to remind everyone that this is our Gophers we r talking about here. Stop looking past Rutgers. I'm confident we will win but I'm also pretty confident that the last 60 years of Gopher football says the final score Saturday will probably be 20-17. Many will complain Clayes should be fired while others will say we should beat Illinois on the road by 3 TD's. That game will also be a nail biter by the way.

Agree to a certain extent. Beg to differ if we don't trash Rutgers. We still might be going with a backup QB and I don't think the fans will ask for TC's head if we squeak by.A win is a win. Agree on Illinois. We've not played well in Champaign.

Top Bottom