When will giant M's go on scoreboards?

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
Just curious when the big block M's would be put on the scoreboards. That will look sweet when it is done.

Last I heard it was going to be this week, but we're awfully late in the week if it hasn't happened yet. Maybe next week?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought it might take more than a day. Didn't they put of the TCF Bank Stadium letters on the South side brick in one day though?

I also wonder what exactly they're going to do to put the 'M's on. Paint? Big sticker?

I also wonder what exactly they're going to do to put the 'M's on. Paint? Big sticker?

I thought the recent WCCO segment on the local company making the signs for the stadium said they were the ones doing it. I don't think they said out of what though.

I hope (and would assume) that it would be similar to the lettering they put up on the south side. I would guess that it would be made it pieces and would need to be assembled. I hope its not paint or a sticker.

Looking at some of the pictures, the M on the large scoreboard seems flush with the back. This would lead me to believe that this is either some type of decal, or paint. My bet is that the M and the TCF logo will be some type of decal.

Looking at some of the pictures, the M on the large scoreboard seems flush with the back. This would lead me to believe that this is either some type of decal, or paint. My bet is that the M and the TCF logo will be some type of decal.

I doubt it, paint would last longer than a decal but a thin sign would actually be perfect. I too thought there were some huge block M's being built at the sign shop in the CCO story. We'll see.

Anyone know the email address or the phone number for the place doing all the signs?

Just noticed the M's are being put in place. I couldn't tell what is was made of, but it does indeed look flat against the back of the scoreboard. Looks like a giant Fathead logo! Can't wait to see it done!!

Just noticed the M's are being put in place. I couldn't tell what is was made of, but it does indeed look flat against the back of the scoreboard. Looks like a giant Fathead logo! Can't wait to see it done!!

is there something else going on the back?? the M is WAY smaller than I thought it would be

I just walked by there, and the logo on the back of the scoreboard looks like a giant Fathead.

It's a big decal. Only part of it is currently on.

Pictures

A few pictures I took of the scoreboard and the flag poles on the north side. Sorry for the poor quality (camera phone).

Attachments

• IMG00007-20090519-1604.jpg
    IMG00007-20090519-1604.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG00008-20090519-1605.jpg
    IMG00008-20090519-1605.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG00009-20090519-1606.jpg
    IMG00009-20090519-1606.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG00010-20090519-1606.jpg
    IMG00010-20090519-1606.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 112

That Decal M is way to small!! :mad:

Come on make a statement we are MINNESOTA!

M

Let's wait til the whole thing is up to pass judgment. Do I think it looks like it will be a little small, sure. I'm guessing it will still be about 20 feet wide by the time it's done.....and one more important thing, the decal is OUTSIDE! :clap:

Let's wait til the whole thing is up to pass judgment. Do I think it looks like it will be a little small, sure. I'm guessing it will still be about 20 feet wide by the time it's done.....and one more important thing, the decal is OUTSIDE! :clap:

exactly! couldn't have said it better myself.

I think it will look fine once the whole thing is up. Looks pretty much the same size as the one shown in the virtual tour.

Another place for a giant "M"

Because we are going to have aerial views from above on game days it would be great to have a giant M on the roof of Williams arena. That would give it a real old school feel and it would look great.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because we are going to have aerial views from above on game days it would be great to have a giant M on the roof of Williams arena. That would give it a real old school feel and it would look great.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "M" would probably look strange with the curved Williams roof. A better choice would probably be Mariucci.

It would look great

I remember the coloseum at the fairgrounds used to have state fair written on it on one side of its curved roof and it looked great from a distance. If they did this to Williams you would be able to see it from the pressbox and the upper deck of the home side.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took a look at the virtual tour again and I think the decal is roughly the same size on the tour as it is on the physical stadium.

I would have liked a giant neon M.

Attachments

• n13916794_53056633_6032279.jpg
    n13916794_53056633_6032279.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 4426_882734326310_13916794_53056636_2642242_n.jpg
    4426_882734326310_13916794_53056636_2642242_n.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 55

Thanks for all the pictures you post. For those of us not in the area currently, it is always great to catch a glimpse of the progress!

I think it would be cool if they listed our national titles on one side of the M and our big ten titles on the other side. It looks like there would be enough room but I don't think they have any plans to do that. Most college football fans are shocked when they find out how many titles we actually have. Just a thought.

Now that is a fantastic idea. Let's be optimistic and leave lots of space for future Big Ten titles as well!

I think it would be cool if they listed our national titles on one side of the M and our big ten titles on the other side. It looks like there would be enough room but I don't think they have any plans to do that. Most college football fans are shocked when they find out how many titles we actually have. Just a thought.

:clap: Great idea! :clap:

wow

Wow, you think it looks small until you see a photo of a guy on a crane that looks like an ant next to it.

Top Bottom