12/13 - We Are Ranked in the Top 25!!! We beat Sparty tonight and hold our own at the Crisis Center

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Since my B10 Championship thread was such a winner, I thought why not extend the party to the bucket thread (based on the modified suggestion of another poster - who will remain anonymous as of now to protect them for heckling/harassment and laughing emojis🤣🤣🤣).

To humor this thread, I think if we win our next 5, which would include @Pitt, @Miss. State and home against Michigan State to be 8-0, which very unlikely but not totally implausible, there's a chance we could get ranked for one week on December 13th.

We will then get crushed by Michigan in the next game and drop right back out. The beginning of the B1G schedule is brutal and we will likely start 1-4 or 0-5 so there's no chance after that.

Last edited:

To humor this thread, I think if we win our next 5, which would include @Pitt, @Miss. State and home against Michigan State to be 8-0, which very unlikely but not totally implausible, there's a chance we could get ranked for one week.

We will then get crushed by Michigan in the next game and drop right back out. The beginning of the B1G schedule is brutal and we will likely start 1-4 or 0-5 so there's no chance after that.
That’s the spirit👍🎉🎊🏀

To humor this thread, I think if we win our next 5, which would include @Pitt, @Miss. State and home against Michigan State to be 8-0, which very unlikely but not totally implausible, there's a chance we could get ranked for one week on December 13th.

Actually I take this back. We play Michigan State and @ Michigan in the same week. There is no chance we win at Michigan, so the answer is never. It won't happen this year.

Actually I take this back. We play Michigan State and @ Michigan in the same week. There is no chance we win at Michigan, so the answer is never. It won't happen this year.
If the team is 8-1 and split Michigan/Michigan state I think it would get votes at least.
Especially because they’d be 3-1 against power 6 conferences at this point.

Then somehow beat TAMU Corpus Christi and Green Bay. You are 10-1 and probably rated in the Dec 27 poll

If the team is 8-1 and split Michigan/Michigan state I think it would get votes at least.

Then somehow beat TAMU Corpus Christi and Green Bay. You are 10-1 and probably rated in the Dec 27 poll
Votes, yes. Actually cracking the top 25, I'm doubtful. We're just not even on most voters radar at all, and wins over Pitt and Miss. State won't change that much. We'd probably get a few votes.

Michigan State would be our first chance to really open eyes, but if it's immediately followed by a smack down at Michigan I think it's a wash. If we somehow kept Michigan to single digits that might do it.

Votes, yes. Actually cracking the top 25, I'm doubtful. We're just not even on most voters radar at all, and wins over Pitt and Miss. State won't change that much. We'd probably get a few votes.

Michigan State would be our first chance to really open eyes, but if it's immediately followed by a smack down at Michigan I think it's a wash. If we somehow kept Michigan to single digits that might do it.
If we split teams like Michigan and Michigan state all year and beat everyone that’s a level below that we are going to end up being a 3 seed.

10-1 with a loss at Michigan and a win against Michigan state is 100% in the top 25 IMO

All are answers are final🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honestly, I truly believe that if this team is undefeated through the final four, and win the National Championship, there is a very good possibility that they will be ranked in the top 10.
I don't see how the undefeated portion doesn't play out. Media rankings though are a different story. I think you're right Kentucky or Dink woould still be #1.

I didn't see the game, but saw the ESPN Gamecast. I just saw the youtube 3 minute highlights. Holy shit. Is it fair to use the term "smart"? The passes were something I've not see by almost every team I've seen in years. Not only past Gopher teams, all teams in the country. I don't see a loss on the schedule.

When Mark Few gets caught drinking again. NCAA grants immediate transfer waiver for all Gonzaga players and Ben is able to convince Chet to bring two other starters with him over to our team. Than I think we will be ranked.

Unless we find some size in the middle our team play will not take us into the top 25. However, they have already won my heart over and I am excited to see how the season plays out. Thanks Ben for creating a basketball team philosophy I believe people in the state and recruits can buy into.

Last edited:

That might do it but I think the voters might say to themselves: "Wait a minute. Beginner's luck. These guys are supposed to be terrible" and hesitate to pull the trigger without more confirmation.

That might do it but I think the voters might say to themselves: "Wait a minute. Beginner's luck. These guys are supposed to be terrible" and hesitate to pull the trigger without more confirmation.
There are only 70 or so teams still unbeaten
If you have 0 or 1 losses in late December with at least 1 quality win…you’re going to be ranked because there is nobody else to rank

Probably never, but if we some how win the next two, will probably get some votes

Last edited:

whew. I don’t have to delete this thread tonight

congrats boyz. It was ugly as heck, but a W is a W. 6-0 feels great right about now

Top Bottom