When they go 7-11 in the B10, these two Ls will hurt.

gopherinpain

Banned
Reaction score
I know that Tubby already has his built in excuse for missing the tourney this year, but both of these games were winnable and they found ways to blow them. If this team misses the NIT tourney again, the heat has to be cranked up on this coaching staff or we will become irrelevant in the B10 again.

Agree, 2 wins and we're battling for a 3/4 place finish and a decent seed in the dance. Now it appears 7/8 spot is likely. Such a fine line, but that's the way it is in major college hoops.

Agree, 2 wins and we're battling for a 3/4 place finish and a decent seed in the dance. Now it appears 7/8 spot is likely. Such a fine line, but that's the way it is in major college hoops.

Tubby wants to prove everyone wrong by playing Maverick 25 minutes a game, so here you go!!!

Who the F cares about making the NIT? Missing the NCAA's, especially the newly expanded version, two years in a row is unacceptable. Losing Trevor is not an excuse to be under .500 in your conference in year 5 as a big name coach.

I don't think the Gophers had to have one of these 2 road games to make the tourney, and I won't get worried until they put a bad loss on the table.

Who the F cares about making the NIT? Missing the NCAA's, especially the newly expanded version, two years in a row is unacceptable. Losing Trevor is not an excuse to be under .500 in your conference in year 5 as a big name coach.

I don't think the Gophers had to have one of these 2 road games to make the tourney, and I won't get worried until they put a bad loss on the table.

I think Gophers will be just fine if they don't lose at home (except to OSU and maybe MSU) and beat Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State and Nebraska on the road. That would give them a conference record of 11-7 and be just fine for the tourney.

Gotta protect home court though and beat teams they should on the road.

Losing on the road to 2 top 30 teams is definitely a reason to panic.

Because the loss of Mbakwe is the only adversity Tubby has faced during his time at Minnesota.
I think Gophers will be just fine if they don't lose at home (except to OSU and maybe MSU) and beat Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State and Nebraska on the road. That would give them a conference record of 11-7 and be just fine for the tourney.

Gotta protect home court though and beat teams they should on the road.
A .500 conference record is still very much within reach. We should have beaten Illinois, and we could have beaten Michigan, and honestly I had hoped we would win one of these two, but it's not the end of the world that we didn't.

Top Bottom