When The Final Score Is Posted

husker70

Reaction score
High Above TCF Stadium it will read

Minnesota 38 Visitors 17

In a change from the first three games the Gophers will come out firing in the first quarter. San Jose will receive and make three first downs. Before a sack by TC. On second down a pass is tipped by Hageman and intercepted by Manual who returns it for the pick 6. After a couple firsts downs San Jose Punts and they have no answer for Marcus Jones and the special teams 14-0 at the quarter.

San Jose does mount a drive in the second but it stalls and the kick a field Goal.
Jones provides another thrill but is run out of bounds on the San Jose State 45. With the offense poised Leidner takes the bull by the horns and runs the ball 4 times, hands it the Williams 4 times, and hits Max Williams in the End Zone
21-3. San Jose is unable to mount anything. Tight coverage, big pressure, and to longer passes go incomplete. The Gophers drive 65 yards in the final 2 minutes and a 28 yard field goal ends the half 24-3

The second half kickoff to the Gophers is Jones at work again. Great field position, and Leidner capitalizes. He wills the Gophers on two third downs. Cobb comes in and busts a 35 yard dash to the goal line. 31-3. San Jose State is now throwing on every down. They are one dimensional, but benefit from two pass inference calls, and a reverse. They are in the Red Zone and the Stadium is going wild. They are into it. A false start. Then a toss on quick slant takes it down to the 5. A Back shoulder throw in the corner of the endzone, TD San Jose State. 31-10.

The Fourth Quarter the Gophers are running the ball and the clock. Williams is hammering the Spartans. The progress is slow but steady. And 8 minute 75 yard drive culminates on a Williams blast from the 3. Its 38-10 with a little over 5 minutes to play. San Jose treats it like a two minute drill hitting passes on the outside, hitting receivers heading out of bounds. They string together several first downs, and in a crazy play on deep post pattern the ball is under thrown and Cedric Thompson makes a play on the ball but it tips off his hands and right into the receiver who walks in. 38-17. There is a minute and half left when San Diego squibs the ball and Jack Lynn advances it to the Gopher 35. Leidner runs Williams three times and gets in Victory Formation.

I always enjoy these. 24-3 at the half! I'd be ecstatic if our D didn't give up some early stuff per usual!

I hope you realize we are playing the san jose st spartans and not the san diego st aztecs? Unless that was a bit in your prediction. Regardless I love the prediction!!

I hope you realize we are playing the san jose st spartans and not the san diego st aztecs? Unless that was a bit in your prediction. Regardless I love the prediction!!

Yes very fun write up....but amazing that he has us vs. San Jose in the first half and San Diego in the second half.

Correction I was channeling coach Ron Caragher who was at San Diego State last year when Fales was lighting it up in the pistol. This year he has him under center in The West Coast Offense. My mistake.

I really have a bad feeling about this game. I fear we will be down early. Hope I'm wrong and we get something like Purdue last year. But this team can throw the ball.

I really have a bad feeling about this game. I fear we will be down early. Hope I'm wrong and we get something like Purdue last year. But this team can throw the ball.

I was on their board earlier & there fans seem to be saying that they know this team is nowhere near as good as last year & the new coaches schemes doesn't play into what made them deadly last season...

That seems to be the case based on two games. They do have two weeks to prepare and tweak what they've been doing. I can see the game going in any direction, but most likely it will be a dogfight. If we win handily, I'll be impressed.

It will be interesting to see SJSU body language with the early game. They'll have to be out of the sack at 5:00 am WCT....hee hee

With two weeks to prepare in spite of losing Grigsby (sp?), I think SJSU will be a good test. The SJSU and the Iowa gamse are the pivotal games of the season. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we don't have any more season changing injuries (BB-C). If they can go to a 5-0 start, they will be way ahead of where I think they will be in the rebuilding program. Winning attracts better recruits.

In the immortal words of Al Davis:

Hope we win!

Would certainly like to get one win out of the next two weeks.

Expect Victory!

Hope we win!

Would certainly like to get one win out of the next two weeks.

I don't know what the angst is about this week, we are better than both teams we play and that means Iowa also.
WIN. Win. Win, Win, Win....... Chicken hawk fans go home without Pig and unhappy.
Goldy celebrates we have not lost to Iowa in TCF, the streak continues.

I don't know what the angst is about this week, we are better than both teams we play and that means Iowa also.
WIN. Win. Win, Win, Win....... Chicken hawk fans go home without Pig and unhappy.
Goldy celebrates we have not lost to Iowa in TCF, the streak continues.

I'm not sure what you've watched to make you think we're better then Iowa or SJSU? We've been *VERY* stagnant on Offense against inferior opponents & our Defense hasn't played up to the level they did last year...

I would like nothing more then to start the Season 5-0 but I haven't seen anything to make me believe this team is better then last year & if anything we've taken a step backwards on Defense & also Offense due to our WR issues...

I'm not sure what you've watched to make you think we're better then Iowa or SJSU? We've been *VERY* stagnant on Offense against inferior opponents & our Defense hasn't played up to the level they did last year...

And Iowa has done any better this season?

And Iowa has done any better this season?

Remember last year when everybody on the board was confident about an Iowa win because of how mediocre they looked & then we got washed? Remember that? Remember how it wasn't even close? Do you remember?

Because I do... & I also remember stating that Iowa had seen better competition then we had & their record was skewed & I see no difference this year losing to a Northern Illinois team that won their Division just last year & losing to an Iowa State team in a close game that has played a Division Champion & Big 10 team...

Remember last year when everybody on the board was confident about an Iowa win because of how mediocre they looked & then we got washed? Remember that? Remember how it wasn't even close? Do you remember?

Because I do... & I also remember stating that Iowa had seen better competition then we had & their record was skewed & I see no difference this year losing to a Northern Illinois team that won their Division just last year & losing to an Iowa State team in a close game that has played a Division Champion & Big 10 team...

What a treat it would be to have you in the locker room. Don't blame our team for your inability, or unwillingness, to see program improvement. And that improvement is there whether or not we win today. BTW, it might be a good idea for you to have the EMT squad close at hand if you're determined to spike the old blood pressure.

What a treat it would be to have you in the locker room. Don't blame our team for your inability, or unwillingness, to see program improvement. And that improvement is there whether or not we win today. BTW, it might be a good idea for you to have the EMT squad close at hand if you're determined to spike the old blood pressure.

Great way to dispute nothing... another koolaid drinker, smh...

Great way to dispute nothing... another koolaid drinker, smh...

Hold on. Kool-Aid drinking means that people are objectively judging Iowa's performance vs. Gopher performance? Because it sounds like you're drinking a cooler full of Haterade by using past performances to judge both teams.

It's weird how objectivity works, eh?

Hold on. Kool-Aid drinking means that people are objectively judging Iowa's performance vs. Gopher performance? Because it sounds like you're drinking a cooler full of Haterade by using past performances to judge both teams.

It's weird how objectivity works, eh?

If that's what you got from that then you have very selective perception... kudos...

High Above TCF Stadium it will read

Minnesota 38 Visitors 17

In a change from the first three games the Gophers will come out firing in the first quarter. San Jose will receive and make three first downs. Before a sack by TC. On second down a pass is tipped by Hageman and intercepted by Manual who returns it for the pick 6. After a couple firsts downs San Jose Punts and they have no answer for Marcus Jones and the special teams 14-0 at the quarter.

San Jose does mount a drive in the second but it stalls and the kick a field Goal.
Jones provides another thrill but is run out of bounds on the San Jose State 45. With the offense poised Leidner takes the bull by the horns and runs the ball 4 times, hands it the Williams 4 times, and hits Max Williams in the End Zone
21-3. San Jose is unable to mount anything. Tight coverage, big pressure, and to longer passes go incomplete. The Gophers drive 65 yards in the final 2 minutes and a 28 yard field goal ends the half 24-3

The second half kickoff to the Gophers is Jones at work again. Great field position, and Leidner capitalizes. He wills the Gophers on two third downs. Cobb comes in and busts a 35 yard dash to the goal line. 31-3. San Jose State is now throwing on every down. They are one dimensional, but benefit from two pass inference calls, and a reverse. They are in the Red Zone and the Stadium is going wild. They are into it. A false start. Then a toss on quick slant takes it down to the 5. A Back shoulder throw in the corner of the endzone, TD San Jose State. 31-10.

The Fourth Quarter the Gophers are running the ball and the clock. Williams is hammering the Spartans. The progress is slow but steady. And 8 minute 75 yard drive culminates on a Williams blast from the 3. Its 38-10 with a little over 5 minutes to play. San Jose treats it like a two minute drill hitting passes on the outside, hitting receivers heading out of bounds. They string together several first downs, and in a crazy play on deep post pattern the ball is under thrown and Cedric Thompson makes a play on the ball but it tips off his hands and right into the receiver who walks in. 38-17. There is a minute and half left when San Diego squibs the ball and Jack Lynn advances it to the Gopher 35. Leidner runs Williams three times and gets in Victory Formation.

That was a very close prediction in the end. Add in the two missed extra points and you're right on with the margin of victory.

I hope you are already busy crunching the numbers on the Iowa game. Has Iowa turned the corner after a slow start to the season? Will the Gophers go 3-0 against the hated Hawkeyes at the Bank?

Top Bottom