When The Final Score Is Posted at TCF

husker70

Reaction score
It will read

Minnesota 24 Visitors 20

The defense again rises to stop drives, gets a couple takeaways, and holds California under 100 yards rushing. The front seven is stout against the run. And the depth takes its toll. This make Cal one dimensional and that's where the picks come from. One to Traye for 6. The other to who else Nate Triplett.

The second phase that will excell is special teams. From Stoudermier who may bust one, to Oreske and the punt team, and of course Ellestad. Special teams make Cal go the length of field.

And finally the offense. Weber to Decker. If they cann't stop it, throw it again. I like Stoudermier as well. Decker will score, as well as Eskridge. That and a field goal is the difference.

Whose afraid of the Bears? They come in here having played cupcakes at home. Come on Minnesota, Let's Go!

Finally, this goes out to all recruits, this is why you committ to Minnesota. A chance on a Saturday against a top 10 Opponent and ESPN coverage.

I'm going to have to disagree with you for the second week in a row. But this time I hope YOU are right. I think the Vegas spread is correct this week and there is potential for a deflating blow out.

Here's to ME being wrong...

Husker is exactly right, although the scoring may be a bit less prolific. This one was over before it started. The buzz will be all over highlights/upset watches, etc and the Gameday guys will be in a tizzy. We will be ranked and ready for our run on the big ten.

The Gophers are not ready for prime time. Maybe the last 1/3 of the season if they stay healthy and improve each week. Cal could have the best talent of any team we face this season.

The Gophers are proving me wrong as I picked Gophers 20-AFA-30. Prove me wrong again guys!

Gophers 13-Cal 34

It will read

Minnesota 24 Visitors 20

The defense again rises to stop drives, gets a couple takeaways, and holds California under 100 yards rushing. The front seven is stout against the run. And the depth takes its toll. This make Cal one dimensional and that's where the picks come from. One to Traye for 6. The other to who else Nate Triplett.

The second phase that will excell is special teams. From Stoudermier who may bust one, to Oreske and the punt team, and of course Ellestad. Special teams make Cal go the length of field.

And finally the offense. Weber to Decker. If they cann't stop it, throw it again. I like Stoudermier as well. Decker will score, as well as Eskridge. That and a field goal is the difference.

Whose afraid of the Bears? They come in here having played cupcakes at home. Come on Minnesota, Let's Go!

Finally, this goes out to all recruits, this is why you committ to Minnesota. A chance on a Saturday against a top 10 Opponent and ESPN coverage.

Bold

The rube in me won't let me predict a loss, so I'll say 21 - 20 Gophers.

I'm more concerned about our O matching up with Cal's D than vice versa, depsite Best being the top RB we'll see all year. We'll need to run the ball better and sustain drives because Cal will score points. Sounds like Cal's Dline is a handfull. If we have to abandon the run to catch up, things could get ugly with our line still geling. Also, they have a stud CB, so it will be interesting to see how Decker matches up with him.

California was impresssive in its opening win against Maryland, not sure what they gained by playing Eastern Washington.

California is presently favored by 14 points, but Minnesota wins by 3.

Minnesota 24 California 21

Go Gophers!!

Basing this on recent Gopher history:

Gophers 17 Bears 31

Cal leads early and causes MN to go to the air.....
Cal Bears Pick off 3 Weber passes and the Gophs recover 1 Cal fumble.

Cal 27 Min 10

Not going to rake the muck here. I like you folks. I'm interested to see what your stadium looks like and how it sounds on Saturday.

Us Cal fans feel that this team could be better than than the 2004 version. Of course feelings don't always equate to actuality.

Though I hope for an upset victory, it does seem highly unlikely. At the very least, I hope the Gophers show they belong on the same field with them or it could be a rough afternoon for those with a positive outlook on life.

Also hoping the Gophers def. sends a strong message early and often to the Cal offense.

Husker, glad to see you are back on board with a positive outlook.
Best will rush for more than 100 yards but the Gopher offense will continue to show improvement and the defense will play a solid game.
Gophers 31
Bears 24

Though I hope for an upset victory, it does seem highly unlikely. At the very least, I hope the Gophers show they belong on the same field with them or it could be a rough afternoon for those with a positive outlook on life.

Also hoping the Gophers def. sends a strong message early and often to the Cal offense.

+1

While anything can happen

It will read

Minnesota 24 Visitors 20

I just don't see the Gophers holding Cal to 20 points (when its averaging 55) or holding Cal below 100 yards rushing (when it's averaging close to 300 with Best averaging 140 by himself on over 10 yards a carry). I don't believe your defense has seen a back as fast as Jahvid the Jet.

I believe I said (under the influence of lots of alcohol) that the gophers would rape cal. I not only take my words back, but I will also never turn my computer in a situation like that ever again.

Gophs 13 Cal 16 Cal misses an extra point on it's 4th qtr touchdown, leading to tension as Weber tries to lead the gophs to late score to tie or win. Gophs get stuffed on short 4 and 1 play at like the Cal 40.

I am refusing to make a prediction.

Howevwer, I will provide a link to what hundreds of Cal fans predict:
http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=179338

Let's just say that west of Denver there are probably not very many people that think the Gophers have a snowball's chance in hell of winning this game. The greater focus is on wheather it will be the type of blowout that puts them in the NC disscusion.

Cal may be one of the fastest and most talented teams we face this year, but the Gophers are probably one of the hardest hitting teams that Cal will face. We need to come out and hit them hard in the mouth early. The LBs are getting all the press, but Theret and Royston have to come up big in run support. If we can regularly disrupt the flow of the play and minimize the opportunities that Best has in the open field we have a chance to keep the score down. The play action really worries me though.

On offense, I think we will run the ball effectively enough to set up the passing game and sustain a few drives, provided we limit the mistakes. Decker will get his catches.

Gophers 26-24

if we still have a shot in the 4th quarter, i'd be extremely happy.

...sadly.

Cal fan here. I like you guys, actually. Compared to the internet fans of the teams we have played recently (Tenn, Michigan State, Maryland) you guys are a great bunch.

Couple of points on the below post:

-We stomped Maryland and Eastern Washington at home. Not sure how close wins over Syracuse and Air Force would make us scared of the gophers.

-Recruits commit to schools who BEAT top 10 teams. Otherwise the d-1aa schools who get paid to lose big to the SEC every week would have a roster full of 5 stars. Doesn't count just to play good teams.

Here's to an injury free game tomorrow and good luck the rest of the season. I'll be heading up I-90 in a few hours to take in your new stadium first-hand!

Top Bottom