Whats up with Wills?

SRSKSM

FB Season Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Watching some of the Gopher game in slow motion shows that most of the time when the Gopher runs get stuffed or the QB is hurried it is because Wills misses his block big time. Have others noticed this? Why doesn't the Gopher coaches try Orton in place of Wills? Perhaps Wills will look better against the much bigger DL in the Big 10?

Wills is still making the transition from JC To D1. He hasn't quite gotten up to full speed yet, if he improves as much between games 2&3 as he did betwee games 1&2, he'll be fine. It's a calculated risk but I think the coaches are betting he'll be fully up to speed by the time conference play starts. With Orton the coaches know what they have and dosen't compare to the upside of Wills.

Watching some of the Gopher game in slow motion shows that most of the time when the Gopher runs get stuffed or the QB is hurried it is because Wills misses his block big time. Have others noticed this? Why doesn't the Gopher coaches try Orton in place of Wills? Perhaps Wills will look better against the much bigger DL in the Big 10?

Wills is bad. Real bad. Michael Jackson. Watching him on any down makes me mad. Real mad. Joe Jackson. Players who cannot get out of their stance in time to stop a defensive player in a three point stance opposing them are unfit for Division 1 play.

He still needs to lose a lot of weight it seems as he is not a guy that can apparently carry the weight and still move his feet. He looks like his feet are stuck in concrete out there. I can only imagine it will show itself even more when he starts playing against top level division 1 talent and speed.

I've said it before... I've looked at last week's game over and over again and Wills has done a solid job. There have been plays here and there where he's messed up but he's been more of a plus than a minus. Come on he's definitely better than Orton and you can't teach size.

I've said it before... I've looked at last week's game over and over again and Wills has done a solid job. There have been plays here and there where he's messed up but he's been more of a plus than a minus. Come on he's definitely better than Orton and you can't teach size.

I'm with you, to many people concentrate on what he does wrong and not what he does right. He's making some mistakes but there is more good than bad. Most of Will's mistakes are misreads, that are correctable, and have little to do with his quickness.

Wills is bad. Real bad. Michael Jackson. Watching him on any down makes me mad. Real mad. Joe Jackson. Players who cannot get out of their stance in time to stop a defensive player in a three point stance opposing them are unfit for Division 1 play.

That made me laugh, and slightly scared my co-workers... but in watching him I can't help but think that guard may be a better fit for him? I'm far from an expert on these things... but getting him matched up against other bulky folks, rather than the speed rushers, might be thing for the future?

most people only notice an OL when he screws up. As an aspiring coach and one of 'those guys' that watches the game like 3 times I feel that Wills has done ok. In pass pro when he gets out of his stance and gets his hands on the DE its a wrap but when he gets out slow he looks real bad and gets beat. In the running game he's actually been pretty solid. The right side of the line has been where most of our rushing success has come from.

I was pretty happy with Wills this week. I can't find reason to hate.

You're so hip Pete.

Bennets TD run at Syracuse where he went about 15 yards untouched was the result of Wills caving in his side of the line and Stoudermire's block downfield. I think thats the type of upside the coaches see in him.

Top Bottom