Whats the story with Phil Fulmer?

Gopherfan43

Reaction score
He's available, dont know much about him... but i see he had a lot of wins at Tennessee. Could he do that at a school like Minnesota or was it a product of being at a school like tennessee? Is he a good X and O guy?

Way too much baggage. I mean they name a fictional trophy after him that goes to the program with most off the field arrests. Plus, he would have to recruit to a school with actual admission standards.

Barnett's 64 years old. I doubt he'd be interested in this not-so-attractive gig.

Fulmer is a Tennessee guy. I'm not saying he'd turn a job down somewhere else, but from what I've read, he has zero interest in coaching anywhere but UT.

But let's face it, this program's not landing a proven big name. If we're going to have sucess, it's going to happen taking a chance like we did with Brewster, but hitting the jackpot. Then, even if we did, we'd have to pray like hell that we could keep him from leaving for greener pastures, because there will always be greener pastures than the University of Minnesota football program.

Top Bottom